Confused about FC test

Sep 12, 2013
Montgomery,Al
I merged the similar posts as well. jblizzle

Moved post. Please start your own thread when you have a question :wink: Butterfly

Post here since I'm still somewhat of a newbie. New test kit for me too. I'm confused about the FC TEST. I tested at 25 mm. I'm not sure what number I'm suppose to use to multiply by.

FC ?
CC 0
pH 7.4
TA 100
Ch 160
CYA 60. I know this is a tad high. Was using those bad ole tabs during the winter. It was 126 before replacing some water and slamming etc

I'm still somewhat of a newbie. New test kit for me too. I'm confused about the FC TEST. I tested at 25 mm. I'm not sure what number I'm suppose to use to multiply by. It says 1 drop = 0.2. 1 drop = 0.5 which is confusing.

FC ?
CC 0
pH 7.4
TA 100
Ch 160
CYA 60. I know this is a tad high. Was using those bad ole tabs during the winter. It was 126 before replacing some water and slamming etc

I will go beyond what Richard said, and say the 10 ml .5 FC per drop is all you will ever need, there is no need to test to higher accuracy than this when dealing with a residential pool which is using CYA stabilizer as you could have variation close to this from one sample to another depending on what part of the pool they come from and how good your circulation is.

Ike

Before I got my test kit, 3 wks ago, water was green, took a sample to the local yokels....my cya was 126, TA 0 ch 60 ph 6.29 FC 1.0. They had me add 25 lb ALK, 25 lbs cal, 12 cups ph up, algicide 2000 then shock each night 6 cups chlorine each night for 5 nights. After brushing and vacuuming none stop, pool looks great but I think they really overshot everything. It is now BBB for me.

Yikes! Good for you taking this on yourself. It will be the best thing you ever do for your pool. Do spend some time in Pool School. The ABC's is a good place to get started. Right now is a good time to replenish your kit, as TF Testkits has a reagent sale running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been reading pool school for over a year. I think I've also read every post in the forum. It's very overwhelming but some is starting to sink in. You all are all so **** smart! Trouble is most of it is over my head. I'm determined though!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.