OKAY, Salt System Question

Mar 3, 2014
PA
Hello, I am a new pool owner. My pool is 24x12 in ground indoor and is 10800 gallons. It has a vinyl liner and the pool is heated.

I have a sand filter and a Jandy AquaPure Ei Series Salt Generator. I just filled the pool with new water. Added bleach to shock the water and get the chlorine level and Ph up to normal. Added 2.5 lbs of CYA to the skimmer in a sock.

When reading over the SWG manual, it states...

"When setting the chlorine output level you must consider the size of the pool, the amount of use the pool will be receiving
and how hot the weather is. All these factors weigh greatly on the level of output needed."

So my question is, how do I figure this out? What should I set the SWG chlorine output at? The pool will be heated to around 77-79 Degrees. I have a timer hooked up to the filter so I can set the timer to run at any given time during the day.

Please help with this?

Thanks,

Bruce

You must consider all those things, but there's no formula for figuring it out. Good testing is the only way to get it dialed in.

The best thing to do is set it for about 50% or so and wait a day and test the FC and if it's high turn the swg down and if it's low turn it up. Then wait another day and do the same. Pretty soon you'll have it dialed in. Once you have that you keep testing it each day and soon you'll learn the personality of your pool and will know when it needs increasing or decreasing.

You must consider all those things, but there's no formula for figuring it out. Good testing is the only way to get it dialed in.

The best thing to do is set it for about 50% or so and wait a day and test the FC and if it's high turn the swg down and if it's low turn it up. Then wait another day and do the same. Pretty soon you'll have it dialed in. Once you have that you keep testing it each day and soon you'll learn the personality of your pool and will know when it needs increasing or decreasing.

Thanks a bunch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.