Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua sheer and Pentair magic waterfalls

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua sheer and Pentair magic waterfalls

We are currently building a pool and I went out today to look at the sheer descents and noticed that they were Aqua sheer descents. We were told by Mr.PB that we were getting the Pentair Magicfalls and I was wondering if the aquasheer is the same thing as the Pentair magicfalls. When I did a quick search online it seems they are only used indoors for bathtubs and showers and that they are not a Pentair product. I have a feeling that Mr.PB switched out the Pentair Magicfalls sheer descent with these and wanted to confirm my suspicions. Can these Aquasheers be used outdoors?

Here's a picture of the installation page with the product name.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here what the sheer descent looks like

This is the 3 ft sheer descent in our middle wall and is alot of missing cement or thinset underneath near the tile....I suspect this will cause a lot of problems later if water should get into those gaps.
    IG Gunite 30k gallons, custom WetEdge finish with glass beads, spa, Pentair 520sq. ft. Cartridge Filter, Pentair 3HP intelliflow V.S pump, Pentair 400K BTU Heater Master Temp, Pentair 2HP Whisperflo- Model WF-28, Silencer Air Blower 1.5 HP, Pentair Boost Rite Universal Booster Pump, Rainbow 320, Easy Touch 8, My pool build:http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ypress-TX-Pics

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua sheer and Pentair magic waterfalls

If my contract said Pentair I would stop them and make them get me the right thing. Sounds like to me they are trying to change to something cheaper. IMHO
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy View Post
    If my contract said Pentair I would stop them and make them get me the right thing. Sounds like to me they are trying to change to something cheaper. IMHO
    thanks Flippy, I asked the hubby about this and the contract does not have it written out that they are Pentair sheer descents, just a 3 ft sheer descent. So we will have to keep these.

Hubby looked up the info after my concerns and he found out that the aqua sheers can be used for outdoors and they are about 100 bucks cheaper than the Pentair ones. They are made in the USA and not some cheap knockoffs so that gives me some comfort.

This is what happens when I leave the equipment details to the Hubby ...
    IG Gunite 30k gallons, custom WetEdge finish with glass beads, spa, Pentair 520sq. ft. Cartridge Filter, Pentair 3HP intelliflow V.S pump, Pentair 400K BTU Heater Master Temp, Pentair 2HP Whisperflo- Model WF-28, Silencer Air Blower 1.5 HP, Pentair Boost Rite Universal Booster Pump, Rainbow 320, Easy Touch 8, My pool build:http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ypress-TX-Pics

4. Back To Top    #4

regardless of what the contract says, the PB should stick by his word that you were getting the Pentair products. IF he doesnt that is a bad PB imho.
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Suprfly View Post
    regardless of what the contract says, the PB should stick by his word that you were getting the Pentair products. IF he doesnt that is a bad PB imho.
    I know I brought this up with the Hubby...at this point this is a minor issue and don't want to deal with the hassle of getting all the glass tile removed and everything else. Just hoping they work correctly and give the same effect.