Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Extreme makover intex ultraframe pool addition

1. Back To Top    #1

Extreme makover intex ultraframe pool addition

Thanks to some awesome ideas and plans from you guys i'm about start an extreme makeover on an intex pool like never seen on this forum. I cant stand how the ultraframe pool looks so I'm wrapping the frame with bamboo fencing, hard-plumbing the filters using methods in this forum, and adding a pool Nanny cam. I will photo document the project and give lists of parts throughout the project

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Extreme makover intex ultraframe pool addition

Can't wait to see pics. Love pics!
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Sounds like an interesting project!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

[IMG][/IMG]Here is the Pool Nanny Cam using a 49 dollar waswan camera with audio and an enclosure off amazon.com. I buried the cord in pvc pipe. The junction box is water sealed with electrical putty and can be opened to add or subtract items

5. Back To Top    #5

Keep us up dated with pics. I'm sure other ultraframe owners will be interested.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Subscribed...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

Is that your filtration and chlorination? I like your adapting the Intex to the inline chlorinator. Not a fan of the undersized cartridge filter. Way to much maintenance required with those filters since they are so small. Can't wait to see the pool wrapped up in bamboo I was thinking of doing the same to mine. Do you take your pool down for winter?
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

9. Back To Top    #9

I am upgrading from an inflatable 15 ft intex to the 16 ft ultra frame. this filter vortexes a 15 ft x48 ft and is rated at 2500 gph its not the 1500. I figure use it since i already have it. Also i have tons of pictures to show more progress however i guess i'm at my max for pictures here. whats a recommended place to archive pictures so i can post here. I will be posting the parts list via lowes recipt for fittings. I don't plan on taking it down at all once its up in Southern Louisiana it seldom gets below freezing

10. Back To Top    #10

I just use photobucket and use a pubic album with posted link. You will find alot of useful info here. I upgraded my filter/pump to the intex sand. best thing I ever did. that chlorinator use the pucks? if so do you do a drain and fill every season?
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

11. Back To Top    #11

Here is a Photo of the Liner fittings for the intex 2500 gph and the smaller ones are for the a type A small canaster filter by intex to run a fountain on. the hose clamps slide on the small end and the other end is set to receive 1 1/2 pvp pipe
    [IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

here is the base for the filter system[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

leveling the sand after the kids used it as a sand pit during the winter. you can see the pool nanny cam to the left

- - - Updated - - -

here is the bamboo fence panels im using debating on staining next year when sun removes wax off it[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

never had a pool up for greater then 1 year **** ferrel cat clawed the inflatable ring on mine that's why im going with ultra frame and wrapping sides with bamboo keep dog and ferrel cats from damaging the liner from the sides.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Hi there... Any updates????
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven