Jandy LED light - Slow Flash not changing light color

Nov 4, 2011
Atascocita, Texas
I am looking to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

I have Jandy Watercolors LED lights, 1 in pool, 1 in spa. I like to use the Slow Splash setting that cycles through the different colors. This was working fine but now my pool light does not cycle through the colors. The spa light does still cycle through the colors.

I have tried switching to different colors and back to slow splash on the pool light but it still will not cycle through the colors.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

If turning the breaker off to the control box doesn't work like suggested above (which would have been one of the first things I would have done), check to see that water has not seeped into the light itself. Mine were installed in July and I have had to replace 2 Jandy LEDs because the installer screwed them in too tight when installing them breaking the seal. Once water gets in to them they can act really quirky if they work at all, only handling certain colors.

Are you sure every color still works, and it just doesn't auto cycle them?

On mine I don't think there is any way to control brightness or if there is I don't know about it. However with my 4 lights, they are as bright as they can be and do a great job of illuminating the pool. If I want them on and dimmed, I just change to a darker color.

Just an update, I did shut off the breakers to the Aqualink, waited and turned them back on. Lights still do not change on slow flash. I can still select each color but none of the programs that change lights work - Madris Gras, USA, Disco, Fast Splash, Slow Splash.

I have not seen any water in the light housing.

Pool service company came out for a few repair items. Guy mentioned that there was a wheel inside that often goes out? I did not think these was a wheel. Watching the light when it worked properly it appears to have different colored LEDs and turned on different colors and mixes to get the desired effect. He did not really problem solve because he said the solution was a new light whereby I was out of the conversation!

Not sure about the wheel concept. Any other suggestions? Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions!

He must have thought it was an old style fibre optic light which uses a color wheel to transmit light through a fibre optic cable. You have an LED light. Why don't you try giving Jandy support a call. Personally I think it is a problem with your Aqaulink RS controller but I am sure their support can guide you to a solution. Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.