Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy LED light - Slow Flash not changing light color

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy LED light - Slow Flash not changing light color

I am looking to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

I have Jandy Watercolors LED lights, 1 in pool, 1 in spa. I like to use the Slow Splash setting that cycles through the different colors. This was working fine but now my pool light does not cycle through the colors. The spa light does still cycle through the colors.

I have tried switching to different colors and back to slow splash on the pool light but it still will not cycle through the colors.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
    23,000 IG plaster pool, Jandy HP Plus 2HP (130 GPM), Jandy CV460 Cartridge filter, Polaris 280, Jandy LXi 400,000 BTU Heater, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, 7' Raised SPA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy LED light - Slow Flash not changing light color

Sorry I don't and these questions are often hard for us to answer. Hopefully someone who's had these can offer some help.

I did want to say welcome to TFP though.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Try turning off the breakers in your Jandy control panel box. Leave them off for a few minutes and power them back on. Good luck.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

Worth a try thanks Computerguy!
    23,000 IG plaster pool, Jandy HP Plus 2HP (130 GPM), Jandy CV460 Cartridge filter, Polaris 280, Jandy LXi 400,000 BTU Heater, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, 7' Raised SPA

5. Back To Top    #5

If turning the breaker off to the control box doesn't work like suggested above (which would have been one of the first things I would have done), check to see that water has not seeped into the light itself. Mine were installed in July and I have had to replace 2 Jandy LEDs because the installer screwed them in too tight when installing them breaking the seal. Once water gets in to them they can act really quirky if they work at all, only handling certain colors.

Are you sure every color still works, and it just doesn't auto cycle them?
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

6. Back To Top    #6

Can you tell me if you are able to control the brightness level of Jandy led lights?

Sorry I did not mean to hijsack thread just curious.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

7. Back To Top    #7

On mine I don't think there is any way to control brightness or if there is I don't know about it. However with my 4 lights, they are as bright as they can be and do a great job of illuminating the pool. If I want them on and dimmed, I just change to a darker color.
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

8. Back To Top    #8

Rgrountree, what is happening with your system? Is it working now?
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

9. Back To Top    #9

Just an update, I did shut off the breakers to the Aqualink, waited and turned them back on. Lights still do not change on slow flash. I can still select each color but none of the programs that change lights work - Madris Gras, USA, Disco, Fast Splash, Slow Splash.

I have not seen any water in the light housing.

Pool service company came out for a few repair items. Guy mentioned that there was a wheel inside that often goes out? I did not think these was a wheel. Watching the light when it worked properly it appears to have different colored LEDs and turned on different colors and mixes to get the desired effect. He did not really problem solve because he said the solution was a new light whereby I was out of the conversation!

Not sure about the wheel concept. Any other suggestions? Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions!

10. Back To Top    #10

He must have thought it was an old style fibre optic light which uses a color wheel to transmit light through a fibre optic cable. You have an LED light. Why don't you try giving Jandy support a call. Personally I think it is a problem with your Aqaulink RS controller but I am sure their support can guide you to a solution. Good luck.