Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I CANNOT get rid of the algae completely

1. Back To Top    #1

I CANNOT get rid of the algae completely

Split off from this topic. JasonLion

Hi, I am new to this site and am in the same situation as your are. We have had our pool for approx. 13 years, but last season and this have been a nightmare. I CANNOT get rid of the algae completely.

Our pool is 41' x 21' with a small deep end of 5.5 feet and oval in shape. The water is clear but algae immediately forms in the divets (the idiot who replaced the liner 3 years ago walked on it as the water was being added) on the bottom of the pool the day after I shock.

HELP! I have never used bleach, how do I calculate how much to add and how often?

Thanks, Busybabs57
    26,000 IG Pool (Gunite w/Premix Marbeltite), Jandy Stealth 2 speed pump, Jandy CL460 Cartridge, Jandy SWG, Nature2 (Disabled), Ultrapure Ozone, Polaris Cleaner, Jandy PDA controller

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: I CANNOT get rid of the algae completely

Welcome to TFP!

A full set of water test results will help us answer your question. Good water testing is the key to resolving complex problems.

You can also start doing some reading at Pool School to get some background.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School