Newbie from NJ!!!!

May 6, 2013
Good morning all! We are in Northern New Jersey and are in the initial phases of pool planning. We have our PB lined up but we have not gotten a final estimate because of the snow. The excavator will not give us a final price until he can see the grass. Anyone know the potential cost of excavation? We have one visible rock and again we are in NJ which is typically rocky. Our yard has less rock than most tho! I just sooooo want to get the ball rolling. Had another guy come out last year who gave us a cost of $45k total (everything) but then heard he jacks up the price at the end. So I'm going with a friend who is a contractor but this would only be his second pool. He is a perfectionist so I know it will be done right. Anyway, hoping to get to know you all and any input is awesome! Thanks!
Tami

Welcome...I am from NJ....lived in Flemington and Washington before moving to TX 28 years ago. You can learn a lot here. Your yard will be a mess for longer than you'll like. In the end it's worth every bit of inconvenience.