Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting to open pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting to open pool

Used pristine blue before-not any more,ordered the test kit the only question i have is we have iron in our water and once i add clorine it will turn brown do you recommend testing the water and then dealing with the iron and then doing another batch of tests and then go from there?
    Intex 18' X48" AG 6423 cap. System flow rate 1180 gph pool skimmer- cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting to open pool

Welcome to TFP.

What you're going to need to do is either drain the pool and refill with metal free water or be confined to using sequestrant to keep the water clear.

If you can't get a source of metal free water then go ahead and get one of the sequestrants with Phosphonic acid or it's derivatives and add a startup dose to the pool, then test and adjust the rest of the chems as required.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Getting to open pool

Thank you will start with that info no iron free water that i know of within 30 miles of where we live.we go with your help and hope for good results-.bama
    Intex 18' X48" AG 6423 cap. System flow rate 1180 gph pool skimmer- cartridge filter