PS-4, how to access AUX valves?

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
I have a Aqua Logic PS-4 control panel/SWG. It has the 4 relays that it comes with used, I would like to add a 5th relay for a 2 speed pump. There is a socket labeled AUX Relays 3-6 on the circuit board. How do I get to those in the menu? I plugged a relay in and wanted to see if I could get it to come life, but no dice. I can switch the filter to 2 speed and when the filter is turned on it says High Speed and counts down or by pushing the Filter button again with go to low. Of course at that point the pump just turns off with no relay wiring installed. Any suggestions?

I suspect they use the same circuit board for all variations of the PS series controllers. So that socket will probably only work if you had a PS-8 or PS-16. You would also probably need the correct firmware to access those relays. I ran out of relays when I added a two-speed motor a few months ago. I ended up adding a hi-lo speed switch and I just switch it manually. Not as convenient as an automated system, but I can live with it. The other option I considered was to put the lighting on a separate switch, but I like being able to switch the lighting with the wireless remote.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.