New member here. We recently moved to a house with a 16,000 gallon IG pool with waterfall, Polaris 360 sweep and Pentair CCP filter. The 1.5 hp single speed Hayward is so weather- beaten that I can't get a model #, but that's okay - I plan to replace it soon with a Pentair Intelliflo and would like to get some feedback on simplifying the layout and hopefully leaving enough room on the 33" x 60" pad for a gas heater soon as well.
Here is how the pipes are laid out left to right in the picture:
2. Sweep (Polaris 360)
3. Waterfall by-pass; return to skimmer
4. Pool returns
Three way valves:
1. Pump outflow between sweep and filter in
2. Filter outlet between waterfall bypass and pool returns
3. Pool returns.
1. When I re-do the plumbing, do I need all three valves or can I eliminate any?
2. There is a solenoid-looking valve (defunct) on top of the waterfall bypass - I think I can cut that and the filter above it out, right? I was told it was for a chlorinator or some such I will not be using.
3. i think I can rotate the pump 90 degrees on the pad and move the filter about a foot closer to the wall/house. Will I be able to shoe-horn a heater in there or should I look to enlarging the pad?
Thanks for any and all advice!