CompuPool / CircuPool-- Which is best for the $

Oct 26, 2013
Chapin, SC
I have seen that they're both made by the same company. But there is a dearth of vendors for the CircuPool-- Ebay, circupool, and discountsaltpool thus not much competitionl; whereas, there are quite a few for the CompuPool. From, the pics I've seen of the CircuPool, they don't have a see-through housing like the CompuPools do. Am I not seeing them correctly? Does it make a difference? I'm wondering if the Chlorine manu rate of 2lbs and resulting lower pump running time would be worth the extra money spent on the Circupool SI or RJ45's over the CompuPool CPX 36? Any help from y'all will be appreciated!
I've been told they USED to be made by the same company but not since the RJ Models.

The two brands are essentially identical except for the color of the plastic and the length of the warranty. I would go with which ever one is less expensive, though some people like to have the longer warranty.

The 2 lbs of chorine number doesn't sound correct.

The two brands are essentially identical except for the color of the plastic and the length of the warranty. I would go with which ever one is less expensive, though some people like to have the longer warranty.

The 2 lbs of chorine number doesn't sound correct.
The 2lbs is not? hmmmmm CircuPools says it's 2lbs output for the RJ45, SI45 and SI45+ Are they misrepresenting their product?
I've since been assured the 2lbs is correct. Basically, the 4 yr is only 2 years longer. And Wednesday they're going to be the same price. Think I'll get one.

The 2 lbs of chorine number is doesn't sound correct.
The CircuPool Si 45 (has a 4year warranty--first year is 100% and prorated 25% per year for the remaining three) and the 45 + has a seven year Warranty mostly prorated) and are opaque. The CompuPool CPX 36 is clear blue has a Three Warranty ( the first 2 are 100% and the 3rd is prorated) They told me the output for this model is .92 . I ordered the Si-45 today. They insist the Output is 2.0.

Now that I have that out of the way, both manufacturers recommend putting the salt in the shallow end of the pool. That seems rather odd since wouldn't the deep end dissolve just just as if not more quickly and be better circulated?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now that I have that out of the way, both manufacturers recommend putting the salt in the shallow end of the pool. That seems rather odd since wouldn't the deep end dissolve just just as if not more quickly and be better circulated?

You are correct. Most manufacturers typically recommend adding the salt to the deep end and sweeping it towards the drain.

When you get the unit you should test the chlorine output and tell us what you measure.

It hardly matters how you add salt, you can just dump it in almost anywhere in the pool and leave the pump running for 24 hours. Just remember to make sure the SWG is turned off during that time. Adding to the shallow end might be a way of reducing the odds of damage if salt is added while the unit is turned on.

The CircuPool Si 45 (has a 4year warranty--first year is 100% and prorated 25% per year for the remaining three) and the 45 + has a seven year Warranty mostly prorated) and are opaque. The CompuPool CPX 36 is clear blue has a Three Warranty ( the first 2 are 100% and the 3rd is prorated) They told me the output for this model is .92 . I ordered the Si-45 today. They insist the Output is 2.0.

Hey timer, so you got the 45 si for the price of the 30? If so then we don't have to wait till the promo starts on wed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

When you get the unit you should test the chlorine output and tell us what you measure.

It hardly matters how you add salt, you can just dump it in almost anywhere in the pool and leave the pump running for 24 hours. Just remember to make sure the SWG is turned off during that time. Adding to the shallow end might be a way of reducing the odds of damage if salt is added while the unit is turned on.
I will!
I'm planning on putting the the salt in prior to installing the swcg which we should be some time next week. I bought the salt today, and will cast a bag or five per day into the deep end over the next couple days (or, should I do all 14 bags at once?)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey timer, so you got the 45 si for the price of the 30? If so then we don't have to wait till the promo starts on wed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Yup, received UPS delivery notification about half an hour ago.
Btw, I like that the si 45 has a salt level display as xxxxppm. The compupool cpx36 only has low, high, and ok indicators from what I've read.

Does not matter if you add all or some at once. (As Jason pointed out, always better to sneak up on the target)

If your water was warm enough, my kids like to play with the salt while it dissolves. Someone here in the forums called it "diamond day" :)

Does not matter if you add all or some at once. (As Jason pointed out, always better to sneak up on the target)

If your water was warm enough, my kids like to play with the salt while it dissolves. Someone here in the forums called it "diamond day" :)
Yes, I've heard of stories from folks that didn't get a salt test done before they added salt and ended up having to drain some from their pool to get rid of the excess. I had Leslies fo a test that came out at 400 ppm I think that will result in a15 bag need, but I'm only going to put in 13 or14 at first then run a test myself for the last bag or two!

Lol, not ready to jump in the pool yet. Temps still in the 40s here. Not sure of that since my pool thermometer is still Tango uniform!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.