Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CompuPool / CircuPool-- Which is best for the $

1. Back To Top    #1

CompuPool / CircuPool-- Which is best for the $

I have seen that they're both made by the same company. But there is a dearth of vendors for the CircuPool-- Ebay, circupool, and discountsaltpool thus not much competitionl; whereas, there are quite a few for the CompuPool. From, the pics I've seen of the CircuPool, they don't have a see-through housing like the CompuPools do. Am I not seeing them correctly? Does it make a difference? I'm wondering if the Chlorine manu rate of 2lbs and resulting lower pump running time would be worth the extra money spent on the Circupool SI or RJ45's over the CompuPool CPX 36? Any help from y'all will be appreciated!
    I've been told they USED to be made by the same company but not since the RJ Models.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CompuPool / CircuPool-- Which is best for the $

The two brands are essentially identical except for the color of the plastic and the length of the warranty. I would go with which ever one is less expensive, though some people like to have the longer warranty.

The 2 lbs of chorine number doesn't sound correct.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    The two brands are essentially identical except for the color of the plastic and the length of the warranty. I would go with which ever one is less expensive, though some people like to have the longer warranty.

The 2 lbs of chorine number doesn't sound correct.
    The 2lbs is not? hmmmmm CircuPools says it's 2lbs output for the RJ45, SI45 and SI45+ Are they misrepresenting their product?
    I've since been assured the 2lbs is correct. Basically, the 4 yr is only 2 years longer. And Wednesday they're going to be the same price. Think I'll get one.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Also waiting to understand why their claim of 2 lbs doesn't sound correct

Brian, Pool newbie in Atlanta, GA. 24k IG vinyl pool, Circupool SI-45 SWG (purchased 3/2014) , Hayward Pro Series Sand filter S220T, Pentair 1hp 2-speed superflow (thanks Jbizzle!), TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Removed -> Hayward 1HP Super pump SP-1607-Z1-M

5. Back To Top    #5

Compupools cpsc models are nsf certified circupools can't be found.

6. Back To Top    #6

See here for some discussion of the chlorine output of the older models.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh OK but the circupool si are correct then?

Brian, Pool newbie in Atlanta, GA. 24k IG vinyl pool, Circupool SI-45 SWG (purchased 3/2014) , Hayward Pro Series Sand filter S220T, Pentair 1hp 2-speed superflow (thanks Jbizzle!), TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

8. Back To Top    #8

See here for some discussion of the chlorine output of the older models.
    Jason, we're not talking about older models here. We're referring to the compupool cpx 36 and the Circupool Si-45 (+) which are advertised at 2.0lb/day ouput. That's at 100% for a 24 hour period. Sorry I wasn't exact enough in my OP.

9. Back To Top    #9

The 2 lbs of chorine number is doesn't sound correct.
    The CircuPool Si 45 (has a 4year warranty--first year is 100% and prorated 25% per year for the remaining three) and the 45 + has a seven year Warranty mostly prorated) and are opaque. The CompuPool CPX 36 is clear blue has a Three Warranty ( the first 2 are 100% and the 3rd is prorated) They told me the output for this model is .92 . I ordered the Si-45 today. They insist the Output is 2.0.

10. Back To Top    #10

Now that I have that out of the way, both manufacturers recommend putting the salt in the shallow end of the pool. That seems rather odd since wouldn't the deep end dissolve just just as if not more quickly and be better circulated?

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by timerguy View Post
    Now that I have that out of the way, both manufacturers recommend putting the salt in the shallow end of the pool. That seems rather odd since wouldn't the deep end dissolve just just as if not more quickly and be better circulated?
    You are correct. Most manufacturers typically recommend adding the salt to the deep end and sweeping it towards the drain.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

12. Back To Top    #12

When you get the unit you should test the chlorine output and tell us what you measure.

It hardly matters how you add salt, you can just dump it in almost anywhere in the pool and leave the pump running for 24 hours. Just remember to make sure the SWG is turned off during that time. Adding to the shallow end might be a way of reducing the odds of damage if salt is added while the unit is turned on.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by timerguy View Post
    The CircuPool Si 45 (has a 4year warranty--first year is 100% and prorated 25% per year for the remaining three) and the 45 + has a seven year Warranty mostly prorated) and are opaque. The CompuPool CPX 36 is clear blue has a Three Warranty ( the first 2 are 100% and the 3rd is prorated) They told me the output for this model is .92 . I ordered the Si-45 today. They insist the Output is 2.0.
    Hey timer, so you got the 45 si for the price of the 30? If so then we don't have to wait till the promo starts on wed?

14. Back To Top    #14

When you get the unit you should test the chlorine output and tell us what you measure.

It hardly matters how you add salt, you can just dump it in almost anywhere in the pool and leave the pump running for 24 hours. Just remember to make sure the SWG is turned off during that time. Adding to the shallow end might be a way of reducing the odds of damage if salt is added while the unit is turned on.
    I will!
    I'm planning on putting the the salt in prior to installing the swcg which we should be some time next week. I bought the salt today, and will cast a bag or five per day into the deep end over the next couple days (or, should I do all 14 bags at once?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarenomad View Post
    Hey timer, so you got the 45 si for the price of the 30? If so then we don't have to wait till the promo starts on wed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Yup, received UPS delivery notification about half an hour ago.
    Btw, I like that the si 45 has a salt level display as xxxxppm. The compupool cpx36 only has low, high, and ok indicators from what I've read.

15. Back To Top    #15

I would add about 3/4 of the salt at one time, spread it around the pool. Give it 24 hours, measure the salt level, and recalculate how much you need to add from that measurement.

16. Back To Top    #16

Does not matter if you add all or some at once. (As Jason pointed out, always better to sneak up on the target)

If your water was warm enough, my kids like to play with the salt while it dissolves. Someone here in the forums called it "diamond day"
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

17. Back To Top    #17

Wood just ordered the Si 45 non plus for 665 out the door thanks guys and thank timer guy for finding 9 it the details!!!

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Does not matter if you add all or some at once. (As Jason pointed out, always better to sneak up on the target)

If your water was warm enough, my kids like to play with the salt while it dissolves. Someone here in the forums called it "diamond day"
    Yes, I've heard of stories from folks that didn't get a salt test done before they added salt and ended up having to drain some from their pool to get rid of the excess. I had Leslies fo a test that came out at 400 ppm I think that will result in a15 bag need, but I'm only going to put in 13 or14 at first then run a test myself for the last bag or two!

Lol, not ready to jump in the pool yet. Temps still in the 40s here. Not sure of that since my pool thermometer is still Tango uniform!

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by rarenomad View Post
    Wood just ordered the Si 45 non plus for 665 out the door thanks guys and thank timer guy for finding 9 it the details!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Wow, got it for $14 less than I did!

20. Back To Top    #20

Where are you guys finding the Si-45 for $665? I'm not seeing it for less than $750 anywhere.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast