CompuPool cpx series-haven't seen much about them here in TFP

I'll be swapping my unit out in late April/May. I have a CPSC-48, and have a couple of problem with the power supplies. The company head quarters are about an hour drive from me, I've had to swap 2 units out, on my 3rd. It's working, but does have a hickup or two. (Pops the built in breaker, reset and it's good to go for another month or so.) It's going to cost me $400 to swap out the unit and get a fresh warranty.

I'll post updates on my post. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/30949-CPSC48-install-(mostly-new-reports-of-pool-conditions)

I'll be swapping my unit out in late April/May. I have a CPSC-48, and have a couple of problem with the power supplies. The company head quarters are about an hour drive from me, I've had to swap 2 units out, on my 3rd. It's working, but does have a hickup or two. (Pops the built in breaker, reset and it's good to go for another month or so.) It's going to cost me $400 to swap out the unit and get a fresh warranty.

I'll post updates on my post. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/30949-CPSC48-install-(mostly-new-reports-of-pool-conditions)
I was initially looking at the CPSC-24, but, I talked to a cs guy at Pool supply unlimited who said the cpx 24 was vastly improved over thc cpsc model model that they'd had a lot of problems with. He also suggested I get the cpx36 instesd. When i asked him if he thought the extra 100 bucks was worth it and he said DEFINATELY!! They're not in stock there, but I found one on eBay for just $20 more. I'm going to be out of town the end of the month and would like to install it by then so I don't have to worry about coming back home to a green pool like I did last year. I was thinking about using cal hypo tabs this year, but I think a swg would be cost effective in the long run.

Overall I'm happy with a SWCG. Beats lugging and biweekly dosing of chlorine. I think the cost over time work out to be the same. I like the convenience factor.

During the summer, I've been spending over $90/ month on bleach! Not to mention having to put pucks in a floater when going on vacation. The super chlorination feature may not be the same as shocking when you have a problem, but with a swg there shouldn't be any probkems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.