Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CompuPool cpx series-haven't seen much about them here in TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

CompuPool cpx series-haven't seen much about them here in TFP

But from what I HAVE seen, they're a big improvement over the CPSC series. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on them?
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CompuPool cpx series-haven't seen much about them here in TFP

I'll be swapping my unit out in late April/May. I have a CPSC-48, and have a couple of problem with the power supplies. The company head quarters are about an hour drive from me, I've had to swap 2 units out, on my 3rd. It's working, but does have a hickup or two. (Pops the built in breaker, reset and it's good to go for another month or so.) It's going to cost me $400 to swap out the unit and get a fresh warranty.

I'll post updates on my post. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ol-conditions)
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    I'll be swapping my unit out in late April/May. I have a CPSC-48, and have a couple of problem with the power supplies. The company head quarters are about an hour drive from me, I've had to swap 2 units out, on my 3rd. It's working, but does have a hickup or two. (Pops the built in breaker, reset and it's good to go for another month or so.) It's going to cost me $400 to swap out the unit and get a fresh warranty.

I'll post updates on my post. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ol-conditions)
    I was initially looking at the CPSC-24, but, I talked to a cs guy at Pool supply unlimited who said the cpx 24 was vastly improved over thc cpsc model model that they'd had a lot of problems with. He also suggested I get the cpx36 instesd. When i asked him if he thought the extra 100 bucks was worth it and he said DEFINATELY!! They're not in stock there, but I found one on eBay for just $20 more. I'm going to be out of town the end of the month and would like to install it by then so I don't have to worry about coming back home to a green pool like I did last year. I was thinking about using cal hypo tabs this year, but I think a swg would be cost effective in the long run.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Overall I'm happy with a SWCG. Beats lugging and biweekly dosing of chlorine. I think the cost over time work out to be the same. I like the convenience factor.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    Overall I'm happy with a SWCG. Beats lugging and biweekly dosing of chlorine. I think the cost over time work out to be the same. I like the convenience factor.
    During the summer, I've been spending over $90/ month on bleach! Not to mention having to put pucks in a floater when going on vacation. The super chlorination feature may not be the same as shocking when you have a problem, but with a swg there shouldn't be any probkems.