circupool RD, SI or SI-plus?

rarenomad

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2013
Hey all, I've been doing a ton of research on different brands of swg and it's come to circupool. I'm conservative by nature so the SI-plus (promise of 7 yr warranty plus 15th hours on the cell) for 750 is looking awfully good. I've seen several members using the circupool swg and wanted to get a 'followup' if you will to your experiences with it.

As indicated in my sig I have ~24th gallon I pool I'm converting to salt this spring. I'm thinking the si 30 plus swg would be good enough. Should I go for the si 45 instead?

Anyone who has an SI swg system please tell me any pointers you suggest (fittings, extras that would have been useful, etc)

Comments are most welcome

It is best to get a SWG a bit larger than you really need, at least 1.5 times, and up to 2.5 times, the size they are rated for. A larger SWG will allow shorter pump run times, recover more quickly from high chlorine demand situations, and cost less in the long run, though it is more money up front.

The SI-plus is relatively new, we haven't heard much about it other than the specs posted on their site. The other models are fairly well liked. They have their issues, but then so do all other brands of SWG.

It is best to get a SWG a bit larger than you really need, at least 1.5 times, and up to 2.5 times, the size they are rated for. A larger SWG will allow shorter pump run times, recover more quickly from high chlorine demand situations, and cost less in the long run, though it is more money up front.

The SI-plus is relatively new, we haven't heard much about it other than the specs posted on their site. The other models are fairly well liked. They have their issues, but then so do all other brands of SWG.
With a little research, I've come to the conclusion that the only difference between the si and the si+ is the 3 additional years of warranty. Is my conclusion correct?

Thanks Jason, I'm going ahead with the 45k swg. I think we're going with the plus version but still hoping to get more feedback on the circupool owners.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

With a little research, I've come to the conclusion that the only difference between the si and the si+ is the 3 additional years of warranty. Is my conclusion correct?

The plus version from what I was told by the folks at discount salt pools.com is that they have better programming and though the cells are identical to the non plus, they are to last 15k he's. Replacement cells only carry a four yr warranty that is prorating the replacement cost

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

You may want to wait until Wednesday. They are starting an upgrade sale where you can get a 45+ for the price of a 30+ that came from a discountsaltpools guy on the phone today. He's going to give me a call tomorrow. I'll come back and tell you what I hear tomorrow.

I bought the SI45+plus at the price of the SI30+ seams to be a good deal with the 7 year warranty. Easy install, but does not seam to be producing and chlorine. I will call to see if I have it set up properly. When it does work it should be good to go. I have a 30K gal pool and could have gone with the 30SI but wanted a bigger system just in case.

Welcome to TFP!! Your SI 45 is the minimum you needed to get. A lot of experts around here recommend double the pool's capacity. What indications do you have to think your pool isn't generating FC? A little more info would help. A list of every value when you go through the status is the first thing to show us for the SWG. A full set of test results would be beneficial too. What kind of test(er) are you relying on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.