Light socket has completely corroded

Feb 4, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Kevin,

I have a very similar situation to this post, but with a socket that has completely corroded, so I am looking at the fixture replacement. I'm reasonably proficient electrically but new to the water tight concept, so should I expect to be able to locate a nearby junction box where the water tight cord coming in to the fixture? I did not find any slack in the line when I tested it before and have no idea where the other end of that water tight cable is. My main Panelboard is less than 50 feet horizontally away so I'll look there, and the pool pump is 20' the other way so I will look there. My replacement would then be to use the existing cord to pull a fish tape and then re-pull a new corded LED fixture.

Just wondering if there's anything I am missing other than that junction box.

Thanks,
Cardano

Thanks to you both - light switch is one probably of the 6 unknown switches outside the door from the kitchen/family room. I can open that plate pretty easy and see if there is a water tight cable coming in to that box. It'll be next week before I can do that though as they boys are demanding that they get into that pool soon and that means water balancing fun for me.

Switches are <12' horizontal and 4' up from the pool light location. so that is a very likely place for it to be located, it's just that since I had never figured out what any of those switches do ( exterior lights with lamps our - fans with their light and fan motors off on the pull switch ) i havent thought that this would also be the correct location for the pool light switch.
Thanks,
Cardano

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.