Totally new here and totally new to pool ownership... potential pool ownership!
So: here are my questions to you veterans:
1. If you had to do it all again, would you? Why?
2. What would you do differently if you were to build a new pool?
3. We are thinking of a 14x28 in order to maintain some green space. Is that too small for friends and family? I worry that all this expense and then I'll feel it is too small.
4. If we do this, it will be a vinyl liner pool. We are in NC so more questions:
5. What kind of pump is the most efficient and economical?
6. I've read that a 2 speed is the best, if so, what can we expect to see on our electric bill?
7. Salt? Regular chlorine?
8. What kind of filter? Sand? Cartridge? Other?
And any other thoughts and tips and guidance you folks can provide!
This is a huge decision and I'd love some input!!
Thanks in advance!