Pentair Acid Container - nice to have or must have?

Nov 26, 2013
Philippines
As far as automation of my existing pool is concerned, I am now planning/designing the chemical part.

I want to install the Pentair IntelliChem, but I am not sure if I have to install the Pentair Acid Container (521378) of $280 plus international shipping cost, or can use any locally available (plastic) container that is acid proof.

On the pictures I found of this container I saw something that looks like a pump, so I guess that is the pump that you can order if you purchase the controller/chemical cell. Or is this an integral part of the container?

Any advise is appreciated.

The base IntelliChem just has a relay to control an acid feed system, it doesn't actually include any other part of the acid feed. There are two additional parts you need, the container and a pump. The container is normally pictured with the pump attached, but they are usually sold separately. The part number you quoted is for the container alone. The IntelliChem is also sold in various bundles with zero, one or two pumps and zero, one or two containers.

It is perfectly possible to make a container yourself, though the Pentair container does have some features that are difficult to duplicate. For example acid tanks need to be vented, but the vent should be designed to minimize the fumes, as muriatic acid fumes can be troublesome. The Pentair container has a fairly good vent. They also have a nicely sized fill port and a convent place to mount the pump. Still, many commercial installs simply use the tanks the acid comes in, rather than a special container, so there is no specific need for a Pentair container.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.