Automation - Will the Jandy iQ904-PS do everything I need it to?

leibin

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2010
Prescott Valley AZ
Hello, been a while since I've been on here, just moved to a new house with a pool that is completely without any automation, SWG, ect, so I'm starting over....Again!

Here is what i have - ~10k IGP and an integrated spa with spillover - one pump total for both bodies of water. I also have a rock water feature with it's own pump. I have a 400k BTU Pentair Mini Max NG heater and two valves that I need to automate. I would also like to add SWG, as that was a lifesaver on my last setup, and Solar down the road.

I'm looking at the Jandy iQ904-PS, Jandy PLC1400 Cell and Cable, and a Jandy JEP2.0 ePump as my current pump is a single speed 2.5kW power eater which gives me no control on how much flow I want to the spa only without slamming up the pressure in the filter.

My question is: With this controller (its the "Jandy IQ904-PS iAquaLink Kit with Board, Chip, Power Center, 4 Relays, Antenna and 2 Actuators" kit) and SWG Cell, will I be able to:

Automate the natural gas heater for both pool and spa independently.
Control the water feature pump. ( I can live without this first, if it needs to go)
Install and Control the SWG with no other components.
Control a Jandy Water Colors LED Pool Light ( I can live without this second if something needs to go)
Operate 2 Jandy valve Actuators
Solar Heat option in the future......

Also, if anyone has any input on the Jandy motor and equipment above, would appreciate any feedback on that. I bought an Intelliflo VS-3050 for my last pool controlled by a suntouch, and that pump was great.

If I need a beefier controller, let me know...I liked the iphone/android control option on this iAqualink (and the price), but it's not a necessity, either. The total for the controller, SWG and Pump is about 2300, so I'm all ears to something that may work better in the ballpark price.

Thanks in advance!

My question is: With this controller (its the "Jandy IQ904-PS iAquaLink Kit with Board, Chip, Power Center, 4 Relays, Antenna and 2 Actuators" kit) and SWG Cell, will I be able to:

Automate the natural gas heater for both pool and spa independently.
Control the water feature pump. ( I can live without this first, if it needs to go)
Install and Control the SWG with no other components.
Control a Jandy Water Colors LED Pool Light ( I can live without this second if something needs to go)
Operate 2 Jandy valve Actuators
Solar Heat option in the future......

I have an iAqualink and mine can do this:

Automate the natural gas heater for both pool and spa independently - it can configure the valves for either pool or spa and turn the heater on. The pool and the spa have separate temperature set points, so in spa mode it heats the spa to the desired spa temp and in pool mode the pool could be heated to the preset pool temp. The iAqualink monitors the water temp and turns my old heater on/off as needed.

Control a separate pump on/off through one of the relays - with your four relays should be able to use one for this application, but you can add relays to the power center if you need to.

Control my Jandy Watercolor led lights in the pool and the spa (this also takes one or two relays). I have both lights on the same relay so they are always color sync'ed.

Control the actuators (I have four - spa, pool, cleaner and waterfall)

Control my multispeed Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump so that each configuration runs at a different pump speed.

My SWG is a free standing system.

One heads up – the iAqualink uses the old Wi-Fi standard. 802.11b – so range can be an issue. I hardwired my iAqualink to my network.

Mike

Update for anyone else who orders the 904-PS - it does not have the power center (transformer) for the SWG....so, equipment just arrived today, and no bueno on getting it setup. I guess you have to order the Apurem power center for this setup to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.