Design software for DIYers

Sseaman

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
After spending some time scratching my different ideas on paper I decided it was time to make them look more professional for HOA and county approval. After searching around Realtime Landscape Pro had good reviews so I spent the $100 which if it did all it claims is a fantastic price. I have to say that is software is incredible, I started with laying out the house and current hardscape so that I would have a good starting point to lay on the proposed changes. This software is fairly easy to use, the help topics really open up the possibilities once you are comfortable to get very detailed. I have tried some other software in the past and their library of plants and add one always fell short, it is not the case this time. Just thought I would pass this along for others looking for a professional looking software reasonably priced.

I just started playing with the free Sketchup, was that one you tried before? No idea what they have for plants, etc at this point though.

I was just planning a shed and made a 3D model of it ... pretty fun stuff.

I have been using Realtime Landscaping Pro for a couple years as I have been planning my pool... It is really easy to use and I have had a lot of fun with it.

Here is the link to my pool build thread with a couple pics from the software... were getting ready to start digging in the next couple weeks. :) It was nice showing the pool builder what we were thinking and getting his opinions on what we should do differently then what we were thinking.

My Pool Build

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.