Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Design software for DIYers

1. Back To Top    #1

Design software for DIYers

After spending some time scratching my different ideas on paper I decided it was time to make them look more professional for HOA and county approval. After searching around Realtime Landscape Pro had good reviews so I spent the $100 which if it did all it claims is a fantastic price. I have to say that is software is incredible, I started with laying out the house and current hardscape so that I would have a good starting point to lay on the proposed changes. This software is fairly easy to use, the help topics really open up the possibilities once you are comfortable to get very detailed. I have tried some other software in the past and their library of plants and add one always fell short, it is not the case this time. Just thought I would pass this along for others looking for a professional looking software reasonably priced.
    18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Design software for DIYers

I just started playing with the free Sketchup, was that one you tried before? No idea what they have for plants, etc at this point though.

I was just planning a shed and made a 3D model of it ... pretty fun stuff.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

FYI, I tried Punch Home & Landscape for $129 and would not use again. Not user friendly and a waste of time and $$. IMHO
    IG gunite Edmond, OK(OKC), 18x36 freeform ~20K, 4-8' deep, Pentair equip, (2) 3hp VS+ pump, 520 cart filter, 3 LED, Easytouch8, ItellichlorIC40 SWG, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Spa 8'x18"raised, 20' raised bond beam 2 sheers, Stonescape Tahoe Blue quartz plaster, TF-100 kit.
    Feb. 25, 2014 dig started, May 24, 2014 filled.

4. Back To Top    #4

I used Sketchup to basically design my pool. Free and pretty good feature set.
    Build Complete! : 111ft pool + 8.5x5.5ft spa (12" raised), ~22k gallons, Shotcrete, Stonescapes MiniPebble (Aqua Blue), 3 scuppers, 3 bubblers, Large Tanning Ledge, Long Bench, Pentair: Intelliflow 3050 VS, 1.5HP WhisperFlow (scuppers), Quad 100 DE filter, MasterTemp 400k, IC60 SWG, Intellichem+Acid Tank, 2HP Silencer Blower, travertine decking (~680ft2), dry stack flagstone raised wall / spa spillway

5. Back To Top    #5

I have been using Realtime Landscaping Pro for a couple years as I have been planning my pool... It is really easy to use and I have had a lot of fun with it.

Here is the link to my pool build thread with a couple pics from the software... were getting ready to start digging in the next couple weeks. It was nice showing the pool builder what we were thinking and getting his opinions on what we should do differently then what we were thinking.

My Pool Build