Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patio Furniture - Where did you pruchase?

1. Back To Top    #1

Patio Furniture - Where did you pruchase?

Ok so my next purchase after pool is built will be the Patio furniture.

Is there any place where I can get patio funriture (couch, 2 charis w/ottomans, coffee table) that is good quality and not spend an arm and a leg? Budget is @ 1K.

I've checked out Sams, Costco, Ikea, PAtio1, Lowes, Home Depot, Frontgate They seem to be priced to VERY high, low quality or just plain ol cheap looking.

Where did you purchase your patio furniture? Are you Happy with it? Post Pics!
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Patio Furniture - Where did you pruchase?

Wait until this fall. Everybody will have it on clearance sale.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

From my experience, it's tough to find quality outdoor furniture cheap or even reasonably priced. For example, I looked everywhere (locally) for the restaurant style cast/brushed aluminum bar stools. The few I did find, I thought were way overpriced. Going to the internet after shipping cost (bulk) saved me only about $50. Not worth the risk of having to return a damaged chair. As JohnT said, it's probably best to catch them on sale locally.
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I found similar problems. We're running uber budget minded stuff this year. We will buy nice stuff in a few years when this falls apart. We bought most of ours on Craigslist FWIW.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

5. Back To Top    #5

We got ours at Costco for 1K Looked like and made just as well as the expensive places and made and looked much better than the big box stores.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm interested in this as well. I like TEAK, but not sure about the interaction with salt water. I think the resin will be my best bet.

I heard Costco was good stuff. My neighbor has some chaise lounges from there and no issues since last year.

7. Back To Top    #7

We are happy with our Home Depot furniture. We keep the furniture covered when not in use and it has lasted over 4 years with no real sign of deterioration (other than an occasional cushion replacement). We also have some teak furniture which we bought at a home show that has held up well around our salt pool.

Teak weathers to a silvery grey color. If you like that color, great! but we like ours to look more like it did when new. That requires an annual cleaning, light sanding and refinishing with teak oil. A bit of a maintenance chore.

Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

8. Back To Top    #8

Good luck with your search! Can't get to mine to take photos due to all the ODK supplies/materials in the way. We bought a loveseat and two chairs at Casual Living in Frisco, it wasn't cheap but quality was more important since they will get a lot of wear. I've been looking at loungers and man those can be expensive too. The ones at target and Lowe's seem to be low to the ground which may be a problem since we are all very tall, but they are under $100. Costco had some that seemed to be a bit better quality, heavier and a bit taller and longer, for just a little more money. Still on the hunt for barstools for the outdoor kitchen, have you seen any decent ones while you have been looking for furniture?
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

9. Back To Top    #9

I got some really nice cast aluminum that is hand painted to look like bamboo at JCPenny as they were discontinuing it. Super deal. Saw some in the store and ordered the rest to match before they ran out.
    I got some Smith & Hawkin at Target as they were discontinuing it. Again, saw some in the store and ordered the rest to match before they ran out.
    I have some 20 year old wrought iron that was recently re-powdercoated. Almost bought some more on Craig's list to have coated but got distracted and forgot about it.
    Got one wrought iron chaise lounge from Lowes that started to rust within the year. Had it powdercoated, price was a very large fraction of the cost new, so maybe it will be ok now.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

10. Back To Top    #10

Casual living is Frisco has outstanding furniture...you will pay for it tho
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

11. Back To Top    #11

Target has decent stuff cheap in the spring.

12. Back To Top    #12

Rodog - I got two loungers today at Kohls, of all places! They are higher off the ground than the Target and Home Depot ones, plus they also have them in several colors. The ad said they were $119 each but when I got to the store they were $99 and I had a 30% off coupon and some Kohls Cash! Even if they only last a summer - it was a pretty good deal!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks everyone! I will be checking out several places over the next couple of months.

Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

14. Back To Top    #14

I would wait until Fall. A few months ago Sears had La-Z-Boy brand cast aluminum for up to 75% off. We got a dining set and four chairs that was normally $1500 for $400. Really nice stuff. The only problem was it was closeout so we won't be able to add pieces from the same collection in the future.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

15. Back To Top    #15

Went to Costco this weekend and their furniture looked really nice. About the same as the high end stores.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Readyforapool View Post
    at Kohls, of all places! ... it was a pretty good deal!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

We just bought two love seats, an ottoman and an end table from Kohls. Their list price was silly but they were 40% off on sale, after that the wife had a 30% off coupon and on top of that they kicked back another $120 in Kohls cash that the daughter will use happily. Just finished assembly. Seems solid enough and reasonable quality fabric and frame. The slip covers had zippers so the could be washed and the cushion could be replaced easily if needed.

I never would have thought of Kohls but these turned out to be exactly what we needed.
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by davelinde View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

We just bought two love seats, an ottoman and an end table from Kohls. Their list price was silly but they were 40% off on sale, after that the wife had a 30% off coupon and on top of that they kicked back another $120 in Kohls cash that the daughter will use happily. Just finished assembly. Seems solid enough and reasonable quality fabric and frame. The slip covers had zippers so the could be washed and the cushion could be replaced easily if needed.

I never would have thought of Kohls but these turned out to be exactly what we needed.
    Great deal! I'm loving my Kohl's loungers - sat out there several days in a row - wishing it was warm enough to jump in the pool!

18. Back To Top    #18

Can you guys post some pics of this Khols furniture? Might have to check them out.

19. Back To Top    #19

Here are the loungers I got at Kohl's- they had them in several colors as well.

20. Back To Top    #20

Sam's has really nice loungers for $120.
    14,000 gal IG + spa, DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Aqualink RS6, TF-100 Test Kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast