Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolvergnuegen, pool cleaner, 2 wheell or 4 wheel?

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolvergnuegen, pool cleaner, 2 wheell or 4 wheel?

Im about to purchase this model pool cleaner, suction side and not sure which one to buy. We dont have a large pool, but its 16 x 30 feet, kidney shaped and the skimmer is on one end so I seem to be at the extreme for the 2 wheel so would the 4 wheel one be better?

Thanks!

Reese
    22K gal, IG plaster, hayward 1500 pump, DE filter, spa, Polaris 3900

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolvergnuegen, pool cleaner, 2 wheell or 4 wheel?

Welcome to TFP!!!

The 4 wheel comes with a longer hose, but I am not sure if you could add extra hose to the 2 wheel for added reach if needed. I am not sure of the price difference, the 4 would certainly work and the 2 might work or need longer hose.

From what we hear, either one is a great cleaner.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Get the 2 wheel, you can buy extra hose (I think I got my extra hose at Leslies). If you buy the four wheel, then you'll need to replace four rubber tire thingies instead of two. Best pool cleaner ever!
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well I ended up buying the 4-wheel one and after watching it a bit, cleans pretty darn well. Only one issue, does not seem to be going up walls hardly at all, kind of hits the slope and turns around. its running at about 12 RPM.

Any ideas?
    22K gal, IG plaster, hayward 1500 pump, DE filter, spa, Polaris 3900