Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any thoughts on the benefit of EcoFilter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Greenwood, IN

Any thoughts on the benefit of EcoFilter?

Im in process of changing my filter this spring.

I have read about the Eco Filter but, cant really find any endorsement outside of the manufacturers site (go figure). I know the zeolite is supposed to be better to and filter to a lower micron however, I wasn't sure if more laterals really made a difference or not.

30K gallons, 18x36, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Sand filter, Intelliflo 1.5 HP, TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any thoughts on the benefit of EcoFilter?

Just looking at the website and making an overall statement, I'd say the claims are probably a little over-inflated. I don't know where they fall in price comparison, but personally, I wouldn't pay more for one than a top of the line trusted brand like Pentair or Jandy.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Any thoughts on the benefit of EcoFilter?

It looks interesting. However, in a normal pool the filter is not the major source of energy usage. Even if you magically removed all energy used by the filter it would make little difference. It is possible to build a pool where the filter is a much higher percentage of the energy usage, but you essentially never see such pools. So, if you are thinking about upgrading an existing pool filter or getting a filter for use with a normal pool design, getting this one will make little difference. On the other hand, if you are designing a pool from scratch to be no holds barred super energy efficient, then this filter looks worth considering.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School