Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A New Hobby & Maybe More...

1. Back To Top    #1

A New Hobby & Maybe More...

Hello everyone! I just got married January 24th which has nothing to do with this (lol) but my wife's mom just bought a house and it has a pool in the backyard. I'm a beach bum but love pools too! With that said, they don't know anything about pools since they don't swim/don't know how to. So since I've always wanted to learn, and now I have the opportunity, I want to take advantage of it and told them I'd help maintain it (since I'm mainly the only one who will use it lol).

When I go over there Wednesday I will take some pictures and post them so you guys can see what I'll be working with and offer advice on what I will need considering what they already have. Looking forward to learning because this could open the door for a side job and maybe even a permanant one. Lots of opportunity here in South Florida.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A New Hobby & Maybe More...

Congrats on getting married and welcome to TFP !

If you want to learn some good things about pool maintaince, spend some time reading in pool school !

When you have some questions you know where to come. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the pool. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

cool. But teach those girls how to swim!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats! If you have done much reading, you know we are going to ask if you ordered one of the recommended test kits
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, teaching them to swim will also be a goal, if they will let me lol. And yes, as someone with a fish tank, I know I will definitely need a test kit. Thanks for the congratulations!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.