Pool Store Etiquette

Sep 29, 2013
~Stockton, Ca
Hi
I was at the pool store today buying some R-0012, probably cheaper on line but I needed it today, and as I was waiting in line I heard that the people ahead of me had a high phosphate level and that it was caused by rain.???

I know that rain causes acid to fall from the sky, but that has to do with CO2 since when is the sky full of Phosphorus????????

Anyway
When they left I stepped outside and told them they should Google Trouble Free Pool .com

Now I am wondering what, if any, is the "correct" way to tell someone that they are being Pool Stored while AT the pool store.

Since never. That statement is beyond ridiculous.

Some of the things we hear from people in Pool Stores is amusing to say the least. It is frustrating, but unfortunately common.

At best, that is a really difficult thing to do, although some of us really want too. I find it easier to just avoid being there at all.

Rain water certainly contains phosphorus. Mostly from pollution. It has even more nitrogen. Both are fertilizers for algae, but that shouldn't be a problem in a pool with a proper FC to CYA ratio.

I did speak to one person outside in the parking lot. We walked out at the same time and he was grumbling about the copper in his water. I asked if he uses algaecide's and he said yes. We talked a bit more and he is now a member of this forum, and 100 % converted to our methods. He couldn't thank me enough. ?

I have told my brother in law several times about the site and he shows no interest in it what so ever. Last year after finishing his pool it seemed like every time I talked to him he was heading to the pool store. He is the second person I talked to that had no awareness of CYA. I can say that last year was the first year that I had no problems. I even went on vacation for a week and a half. And was able to predict my chlorine losses and prepared pre-measured containers so they could just dump it in and walk away.

raidencmc said:
I even went on vacation for a week and a half. And was able to predict my chlorine losses and prepared pre-measured containers so they could just dump it in and walk away.
Now that's the way it should be done :goodjob:. This shows a solid understanding of the principles of the TFPC Methods.

We have talked about making a TFP business card Avery template so you could print them out at home. Then as easy as handing them one in the parking lot and telling them about us.

There was one for the old logo, then Lee redesigned it and we moved to the new software, so that fell on the backburner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
....and he shows no interest in it what so ever. Last year after finishing his pool it seemed like every time I talked to him he was heading to the pool store.
This is key. The common attribute of everyone that finds TFP is that they're all "looking for a better way." Some people just arent interested or ready, and the trick is determining exactly who those people are.

Same here, I just wish we had those discrete business cards to hand out, really I would prefer that we could get them done professionally printed and maybe done as a bonus perk for life members here.

Ike

We have talked about making a TFP business card Avery template so you could print them out at home. Then as easy as handing them one in the parking lot and telling them about us.

There was one for the old logo, then Lee redesigned it and we moved to the new software, so that fell on the backburner.

Kinda funny I saw this thread. I've been swamped busy as of late, and several "projects" went to the back burner. This being one of them. I've got this mostly done, and will try to upload one soon.

But if everyone followed this method chlorine would go through the roof. Supply and demand.
One would normally think so but in practice the chlorine used to make Trichlor and Dichlor is made via the same electrolysis that is used to make chlorinating liquid and bleach. The difference is that the former mixes the chlorine gas into a solution of CYA (and the CYA is made from heating urea) while the latter is made by adding the chlorine gas to a solution of lye. So any chlor-alkali plant making chlorine gas for production of Trichlor can readily make more chlorinating liquid instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.