Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need to drain some water or ok to wait to evaporate?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need to drain some water or ok to wait to evaporate?

We got 2+ inches of rain in the last couple days and my pool is pretty full. Do I need to drain any of the water or can I just wait for it to evaporate? Any potential problems having it this full? The water level is about 1" from the top edge of the waterline tile.
    There is no more rain predicted in the next 10 days.

2. Back To Top    #2

How far up the skimmer opening is it ? If it's pretty far up the opening it may effect how well the stuff floating on the water gets skimmed off. I know I had that problem with mine last season, lots of rain and it would over flow out of the skimmer basket. I never drained it down though. It's AG though.

With no rain in the near future you should lose some to evaporation. Let's see what some others have to say.

By the way nice looking pool ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do I need to drain some water or ok to wait to evaporate?

If you were to post your location in your profile we might be able to give better advice, but assuming you live somewhere dry given the background of the photos, and water is still too cold to swim I would just wait.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, I'm in Phoenix, AZ.

The water is just a tad over the top of the skimmer but the pool is completely clean on top, we are just now doing the landscaping so there are no trees/leaves/anything that really get into the pool on top. The bottom of the pool is a different story...I hope all that dirt/sand isn't going to be a problem. :/

5. Back To Top    #5

Anyone else?

6. Back To Top    #6

If you want to drop it down a little so the skimmer mouth is exposed go ahead. Certainly won't hurt anything. The rest evaporation should take care of.

The dirt and sand on the bottom will have to be vacuumed up. Can you vacuum to waste ?

What's that floating near the palm tree ?

If you can add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that'll help us better help you.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

I have an overflow drain on mine and if it gets a tiny bit over it drains into the backyard. Found out the other day when I left the hose in one of the flower beds, went to answer the phone and one of the dogs knocked the hose into the pool. Less than 15 minutes later I had a muddy spot near the drain.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Unless you desperately need that water, I would drain the pool down to normal level. Your skimmer has become inop at that water level and while it will cause little harm for now, it is not a long term policy I would encourage.

Evaporation will likely leave some residue on your pool wall tiles which may be easy to remove or maybe not.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Just wanted to tell you that you have a gorgeous pool!
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing