Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which liner? 2 options. Pleas help me choose

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Which liner? 2 options. Pleas help me choose

I need to replace my 18ft round overlap liner. Local pool store sells these for about 15-20% more than I can get online. I found one liner here > (25 mil boulder swirl )http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Liners.../#BVRRWidgetID

And a cheaper liner here > http://www.ebay.com/itm/GLIMMERGLASS...item43adc3c2b1

Do you think the cheaper liner would do ok?

My current liner only lasted two years. Seemed pretty thin. I imagine it was a 15 or 20 mil thickness.

Any advice or experience is appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Which liner? 2 options. Pleas help me choose

There is a big difference in price. One thing I want to suggest is get at least a 25 mil liner. The liner IMO is one thing you don't want to skimp on. It would be hard for me to say which one to go with being the price difference's. If the cheaper one is of good quality then it would probably be ok. Maybe you can find some reviews on it and other liners. Also I think the print makes a difference on the prices. In the end the choice is going to be up to you.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Which liner? 2 options. Pleas help me choose

I don't want to skimp on it. Just trying to not overspend. I also need a solar cover this year. Combine that with installation of liner and liner price and my pool budget is blown!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BigT8600 View Post
    I don't want to skimp on it. Just trying to not overspend. I also need a solar cover this year. Combine that with installation of liner and liner price and my pool budget is blown!
    I understand completely. Here's a place to look at solar covers. I got mine here. Pretty good prices.
    http://www.solarcovers.com/page/inde...Fcmf4AodK0wAzA
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    I understand completely. Here's a place to look at solar covers. I got mine here. Pretty good prices.
    http://www.solarcovers.com/page/inde...Fcmf4AodK0wAzA
    Thank you. Solar cover worth the money? Despite living in Louisiana, my pool spends most of the morning in the shade. Usually it's too cold to swim until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I just need to raise it a few degrees so the kids are comfortable in it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Which liner? 2 options. Pleas help me choose

I think they are worth the money. The main advantage of them is heat retention. Put it on when your done swimming and they help with heat loss at night. They will help some with solar heating, couple of degrees. I think the clear covers do better at heating from the sun than the blue ones. If it's a nice hot day out you'll get better heating with it off. Like I said though they are great in preventing heat loss at night and during the day if it's not that nice out and your not swimming.
    Jeff

7. Back To Top    #7

I had looked at a few sites but really like the site you mentioned. Not that expensive and will be much better than trying to pump hot water out of my home hot water heater into the pool!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by BigT8600 View Post
    I had looked at a few sites but really like the site you mentioned. Not that expensive and will be much better than trying to pump hot water out of my home hot water heater into the pool!
    Glad it helped you out !
    Jeff

9. Back To Top    #9

I am having a new pool installed as we speak and I initially went with the cheap blue 20 mil liner. It has been sitting in the sun and boy, is it thin, I just spoke to the installer yesterday about upgrading to a 25 mil liner. I took a look at your Ebay link and that is a 25 mil liner and I would definitely buy it. There is also a 14 day return policy that could work for you if you have the time to try it. Perhaps, you could ask both companies to send you a sample. Either way, good luck.

Solar cover and, I just learned, a darker liner helps to keep the pool warm.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

10. Back To Top    #10

Payday is Friday...ordering eBay liner and solar cover. Now if only the weather would cooperate. Last year we were opening the pool by now, but because of the polar vortex I have ice outside! In Louisiana that's nuts!

11. Back To Top    #11

Hey, I am in Florida. Although we have had a mild winter, I am ready for it to be over. I want full sun days, without the rain and 50s at night. We are only going to 76 on Saturday so I trust the installers know what to do when there isn't enough heat to stretch the liner.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

12. Back To Top    #12

It's raining again. Time for another cold front to come through. Glad for the argument against global warming but I'm itching to mow the yard or go outside without seeing my breath!