Test Kit Questions - Green Pool after winter

Hello again. Just wanted to give an update in case this thread ends up helping someone else.

Today is day 20 since I received my TF-100 Test Kit. Getting the XL option was definately a great investment. In the 20 days, testing every two hours the first two days, then every 4 hours the next 3 days, and then twice a day since then, I am almost completely out of the first set of R0870 and R0871 for Chlorine and Free Chlorine testing. I used 20 bottles of 8.25% Bleach (121 oz) and my pool is completely clear!!! :D

I vacuumed today and brushed the walls. Will do a final OCLT in the morning. So far they have been fairly stable at less than for the past two nights. I will test for everything else tomorrow to get the water completely balanced and sparkling!!! I think I have finally got it right. :-D

Thank you every one for all your help. I will post a new pic and test results tomorrow. This weekend is going to be in the mid 70s low 80s - it is all done just in time for the wonderful weather! I will let everyone know how it goes for the next few weeks since I learned so much from the posts that everyone else has added up until and after getting their pools clear, I wanted to be sure to post an update to my journey!

Almost time to go swimming!!!:paddle:

I am done!!! now it will be very easy to maintain. Just to clarify, I didn't need to add any borax or baking soda, just bleach. About $50 in bleach covered it. and I added some Stabilizer because my CYA was 0. But other than that, nothing else was added and water tests perfectly now. Also I had to change the filter twice - rinsing them only last so many times. I had to replinish my bleach stash to keep the levels at 3-5 ppm at all times now and don't want to have to rush out to buy more last minute. I get crazy looks when buying 8 bottles of Bleach.

This morning's tests
CYA - 25
TA - 120
PH 7.5
FC - 9.5
CC - <.5
OCLT - <.5

I will need to vacuum again and brush the walls again since yesterday (it rained again last night). But the pool looks wonderful. I can't thank you guys enough. I am sooooo happy I found this site and have already recommended it to two frieds with AGs. :lovetfp:

so here is what you guys were waiting for. Final pics.
This one looks very similar to the last one, but I can guarantee it is much clearer. I can see the lines on the vinyl liner now. You can see straight to the bottom. (that is how I know i need to vacuum AGAIN!) Maybe when the sun comes out the water will look better on a picture.

IMG-20140328-00055.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.