leaking water at backwash pipe

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
Hello!
My 4000 series Pentair DE filter is leaking water from the backwash pipe. I wanted to know, weather or not will adversely affect my return clean water if I just close the filter's backwash exit? instead of leaving my discharged pipe open which is my currently set up. I have changed both o-rings on the rotor. Also changed the white in color rotor seal.

I am so very frustrated because I have replaced all all of the seals to prevent any leaks, but I am still dealing with this problem.

Please advice,
George

Mine never leaks if the multi-valve is seated properly.

But if I am not careful and not notice it is not sealed, I can lose half of the pool water in a few days ... this I why I not do not leave it connected to the pipe that goes underground, so I can see if it is leaking.

I would inspect the spider gasket again in the mutli-valve and see if there is any debris or damage to the seal.

Excellent Idea!

I will check for spider's seal and look for debris or damage. My local pool retail person suggested to just cap the end of the discharge. Capping the end of the discharged, is that ok?
Mine never leaks if the multi-valve is seated properly.

But if I am not careful and not notice it is not sealed, I can lose half of the pool water in a few days ... this I why I not do not leave it connected to the pipe that goes underground, so I can see if it is leaking.

I would inspect the spider gasket again in the mutli-valve and see if there is any debris or damage to the seal.

If you capped it, how would you backwash or pump to waste? Or are you talking about some kind of removable cap?

You could just put a valve on the line too, but I like to KNOW if it is leaking. If water can leak out the backwash pipe, it could also be bypassing the filter altogether and returning to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.