Yet another issue...under ground leak

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
I've had issues with my pool since it was installed. One thing was there was a leak somewhere and it was staying wet around the pool. We found there was a piece of plastic left under the liner that made a hole in it. He drained my pool and patches it from underneath the liner. We have had a very wet winter and lots of rain. Mg liner would come away from the wall at my steps and bench in the deep end. My builder just came yesterday and installed a sump pump to drain the ground water, well today it has been pretty so we were outside all day. The water coming out the sump pump is really clear so I caught some in a glass. I tested it with my kit and its hot chlorine in it so that makes me think we have a plumbing leak somewhere. If so how do we begin to locate a plumbing leak with the cement? I'm hoping maybe they knicked a pipe when digging for the sump pump and that's where the water is coming from. This is what the water out the pump looks like.
ne3unegu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well, you could try to see if your are losing more water when the pump is on or when the pump is off to maybe figure out if it is a suction or return pipe leak.

If this is a new development, I would also think that maybe the sump installation caused a problem.

Do you have an auto-fill that was masking the leak?

I'll try turning the pump off and compare the amount of water loss. Saturday I was outside all day and every 57 minutes the sump pump would turn on and run for a little over a minute and would turn off. I thought maybe when they were digging down they could have hit a pipe around the footing of my pool, but his two workers said it was so wet by that time they were digging by hand not with the shovel. I do not have an autofill. We have had a crazy wet winter, more wet than normal. We had a leak from the time the pool was installed in September, but he finally said it was caused by a piece of plastic left under the liner that made two holes. He drained my pool in December and patched it from the underneath. I had not noticed the water level going down very fast since then, but like I said we have had an above average rainfall this winter. It seems like every 2-3 days it has been raining. My liner was pulling away from the edge all around the pool, we assumed that it was because the clay ground wasn't draining properly and water was just sitting in it around the pool walls. Immediately when they put the sump pump in last Friday the liner got sucked back tight again when the ground water was pulled away. We are having freezing temps and rain this morning, so in the next day or so I'll try turning the pump off and tracking if it still drains every hour or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.