Pentair Intellitouch 5 versus EasyTouch 4

Mar 1, 2014
California
Hi,

Looking for comparison between the EasyTouch 4 and the Intellitouch 5. We are contracted for the Intellitouch 5 but builder bought EasyTouch 4. My research shows that major differences are price, expandability and macro support.

Pool Details:
Gunite with Pebble finish
Approx 500sf
approx 18,000 gallon (I think)
7 x 7 Raised Spa will spillover
Waterfall feature

Pentair Equipment.
2 x Intellibrite pool lights
1 x Intellibrite Spa Light
IntelliFlo VS pump
Clean and Clear 420
IntelliChlor SCG ic40
MasterTemp 400 Heater
Polaris 360 Pressure Side Cleaner
Wireless remote

Solar Thermal

Questions:
1) price difference between easy touch4 and intellitouch 5, hard to tell given the included Intellichlor with the EasyTouch
2) Can the Easytouch 4 control as many different things as the Intellitouch 5? My understanding is that the number states how many separate control circuits the controller can handle so an Intellitouch 5 can do 1 more and is expandable while the EasyTouch 4 is limited to 4?
3) Can an easy touch 4 control everything with enough granularity and independence (pool, spa, solar, heater, lights, solar, waterfall, cleaner, ..etc)
4) Is the wireless remote a good controller option, or the indoor panel has more capabilities? Can we add ScreenLogic with iPad option later?

thanks for your help

There is an Easytouch 8

I like the LCD display which is only on the Easytouch.

You can get the Easytouch with or without the intellichor

Screenlogic and Autelis both work with the Easytouch

Pentair used to have a nice feature comparison sheet, but I can't find it any more.

The IntelliTouch is much more flexible in it's programming. On the EasyTouch you need to set things up in the way Pentair designed it to be used (which works well for most situations), while the IntelliTouch allows macros that can toggle other circuits fairly easily. The base IntelliTouch appears to come with five relays, while the base EasyTouch appears to come with four. The IntelliTouch is easily expanded to control several additional valves, beyond the base four that they both support. The IntelliTouch is also much more expandable in other ways, though that gets expensive. There are also minor differences in a few of the available remotes, though mostly they are the same.

Thanks Jason, that helped. I am going to stick with the Intellitouch and going up to the i7 so I can control my landscape lighting and possibly adding a fountain and still have room for some expansion in future. I also decided to go straight to the screen logic control. I think the last thing I need is another remote to lose. :)

I am going to look into programming the macros, those sound interesting if I can preset or coordinate circuits into 1 click options, that would be cool.
thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.