Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how do you bench test a jandy LXi Heater Blower motor?

1. Back To Top    #1

how do you bench test a jandy LXi Heater Blower motor?

I show power going to the motor from Blue wire and the ground so I'm assuming the motor is the issue but it spins freely, and doesn't show any signs of burn or shorting etc. Is there a way to bench test it to make sure that is the issue? the cheapest I can find the assembly is $387 so before I spend that I want to make sure it is the issue.

Thanks,

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: how do you bench test a jandy LXi Heater Blower motor?

Visual inspection isn't always going to tell you that there is a problem. You could just have a bad run start capacitor especially if the unit turns freely.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

A local pool store checked it out for me and it ran for him I plugged it back in and no good. I put the VOM probe on the Blue wire and a ground on the unit and get 115volts. If I connect to the white wire and the blue wire with the VOM probes I get nothing. I also get 115volts with any of the wires and touching the ground probe to the screw where other ground wires go to so I'm thinking the windings are OK but when I disconnect the motor and just touch the sockets with the probe (white and blue) I get no voltage. So do I have a bad power distribution board? should I pull it out and see what the back side looks like? Is there a way to trouble shoot the board?

Thanks,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Well then it sounds like you have some other issue if the motor works on a bench. Here is a link to the manual of the unit. Maybe you can find something in it helpful.

https://www.parts4heating.com/v/vspf...s/JandyLXi.pdf

Test the safety loop to see if one of the components is bad.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,