Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dimension variance in new build

1. Back To Top    #1

Dimension variance in new build

Can anyone tell me what acceptable variances are in the dimensions from the plan dimensions to the final build dimensions?

I am building a fairly geometric design and the builder has an allowable variance of 2% of surface area in width and length and then 10% in depth.

10% seems crazy and frankly 2% of surface area seems like a lot to me as well, but I don't know pool construction standards and I can't find it through a search.

In residential construction there are things like 1/8th inch per 8 ft for rafter variance or some sort of standard. Is there a standard for pool dimensions, leveling etc?

Thanks!!! It is crunch time to try and get my contract done.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dimension variance in new build

the 2% on dimensions seems about right. My contract stated up to 1 inch variance on a pool that is 43 feet by 19. The 10% on depth is, however, unacceptable
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dimension variance in new build

Thanks for the reply.

1" seems reasonable as a total for a complete linear measurement such as entire length or width and something tighter for vertical measurement of depth or leveling of the deck/coping.