Vinyl pool overflow pump

Feb 27, 2014
Spring, tx
I recently moved in with my new wife who has a 12k gallon, below ground, vinyl pool. Everything was going fine until the sump pump in the overflow started kicking the breaker. Turned out the inner housing had rotted and had a hole in it. The pump was a Sta-Rite D175110T which was 3/4 hp and seemed to work great. Any ideas on a replacement or where to get one? Home Depot and lowes pumps didn't meet my expectations and the local pool shops don't carry anything similar. All I really want is something with a float, and a screen or grate. Would be nice if I could get one with an outlet at the top so I don't have to bother with changing pipes or hoses, but that's not difficult so it's not a necessity. Please help. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

If you want the same one, searching Google reveals dozens of suppliers of that model, including Amazon, Walmart, Sears and Newegg. If you want something cheaper, Harbor Freight has similar pumps for a third the price. The Sta-Rite appears to be a pretty standard sump pump model.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.