Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl pool overflow pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Spring, tx

Vinyl pool overflow pump

I recently moved in with my new wife who has a 12k gallon, below ground, vinyl pool. Everything was going fine until the sump pump in the overflow started kicking the breaker. Turned out the inner housing had rotted and had a hole in it. The pump was a Sta-Rite D175110T which was 3/4 hp and seemed to work great. Any ideas on a replacement or where to get one? Home Depot and lowes pumps didn't meet my expectations and the local pool shops don't carry anything similar. All I really want is something with a float, and a screen or grate. Would be nice if I could get one with an outlet at the top so I don't have to bother with changing pipes or hoses, but that's not difficult so it's not a necessity. Please help. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl pool overflow pump

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry I can't help with a suggestion, but perhaps a bump will get this seen by someone who can.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Seattle, WA

Re: Vinyl pool overflow pump

If you want the same one, searching Google reveals dozens of suppliers of that model, including Amazon, Walmart, Sears and Newegg. If you want something cheaper, Harbor Freight has similar pumps for a third the price. The Sta-Rite appears to be a pretty standard sump pump model.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.