Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Insulation Walls Under Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Insulation Walls Under Liner

I am buying a 27' AGP, my dealer sent me a link with all kinds of options, I saw one for the Thermo-Wall insulation that goes between the liner and the pool wall. I immediately disregarded it as worthless. The more I thought about it the more it sounded like it may work some to insulate the walls when the air temps dip at night. Do you think it would actually work or not worth it at all? I am still leaning towards no, but wanted to get all of your thoughts.

It is basically foil on one side with air bubbles in it. I have seen stuff like it before at the hardware store.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Insulation Walls Under Liner

No experience on Thermo-wall in particular, however keep in mind that any forgiving material between the liner and pool wall will increase the risk of liner punctures. I've seen IG pools with wall foam that do look and feel nice, but I've also seen a good amount of liners with punctures for various reasons. (Dogs, kids pushing off from wall with long toenails, etc.) not sure if this is as big of an issue with an AG, but something to consider.

Any actual numbers on heat retention, r-value, or the like for this product?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Insulation Walls Under Liner

i can't find any R-value ratings on them. they say it will increase the r-value of your pool, but so would a sheet of paper to some extent. The lack of substantiated info is what has me the most skeptical.

4. Back To Top    #4

Insulation Walls Under Liner

A lot of people that have the wall foam say if they had to do it again they would not get it. I don't have it. Best thing you can do to prevent heat loss at. night is to get a solar cover

I also agree with more risk of a puncture to the liner.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.