A couple of pics of our Arizona pool

JimboAZ

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2012
Maricopa, AZ
The pool was finished last April and we now have the landscaping installed. I completed the landscape lighting with Volt lighting products. One of these days I'll post a list of all of the materials I used for that project. We also have some artificial turf, which you can't see in these pics, and maybe one of these days I'll get around to posting some day time pics of everything. Thanks for looking! (pool build details in the signature)

doXzZEW.jpg

PyDJTOY.jpg

Today's weather :cool:
0FTHOvv.png

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Pragmatic, I love your outdoor kitchen area and I wish we had room for something like that.
Mrcarcrazy, your pool is looking good and I'm sure it'll all turn out great!

Shane1, the queens have only been in our yard for about 8 months, but we have 15 gallon and 24" box trees so they've been growing n a nursery for a while. We read/heard a lot about the problems also so we'll see how it goes.

Jro, we love the fire pit so far. It's moveable and was less than $100 on Amazon, by looks like the price has gone u a bit. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A9CE0Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We previously had a built-in pit but we didn't use it as much as we thought we would. With this metal pit we can move it around or even store it in the garage.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Pragmatic, I love your outdoor kitchen area and I wish we had room for something like that.
Mrcarcrazy, your pool is looking good and I'm sure it'll all turn out great!

Shane1, the queens have only been in our yard for about 8 months, but we have 15 gallon and 24" box trees so they've been growing n a nursery for a while. We read/heard a lot about the problems also so we'll see how it goes.

Jro, we love the fire pit so far. It's moveable and was less than $100 on Amazon, by looks like the price has gone u a bit. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A9CE0Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We previously had a built-in pit but we didn't use it as much as we thought we would. With this metal pit we can move it around or even store it in the garage.

what builder was this? California is telling us that they won't sell or install the telescoping "pop up" fountains because they constantly malfunction and the warranty work is too much; requires carving out the pebble to fix or replace.

what builder was this? California is telling us that they won't sell or install the telescoping "pop up" fountains because they constantly malfunction and the warranty work is too much; requires carving out the pebble to fix or replace.

We used Presidential Pools. So far no major problems with the fountains. One time one of them popped out but Presidential just came out popped a new one in. I suppose anything embedded into the pebble would be susceptible to the same issues (bubblers, in-floor cleaner heads, etc.).

On this note, a couple of times I've accidentally run the fountains with the pump on high speed and those things shot up about 20 feet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BuckeyeChris, sorry to hear about your builder issues, but the pool looks awesome! I'm sure they'll get everything taken care of and soon you won't have to worry about it. I had heard they were a good builder but pool builders seems like cell phone providers. Some people love each one of them and a lot of people don't like each one of them (including Presidential).

edge, your pool is looking great also and I love your large lot. I would've love some fire, but too much $$$ for the gas lines and it's pretty cramped back there as it is. fire.jpg

Thanks Jon!

-James

poderiopool, I think it's something with the soil. We're originally from OC/LA county area and seems like the Queens have no issues there at all.

NoFear, it's all low voltage lighting. You're right, some of the lights are relatively close to the water's edge. Most of the lights are behind the pool in that small raised area. That's all landscape rock and nobody walks back there so I feel OK with it. I thought about solar but didn't find much that could compare to the low voltage lights (but maybe I didn't really look all that well). What brand are you using?

I ended up going with 12x Portfolio Solar lights. They are perfect for lighting up one per tree. They do have 24x ones that are pretty nice...but so is the price. I really wanted light around the pool, but I was worried about the electrical around the pool.

Jimbo
I just came across this thread, and I state that your pool looks amazing. What colored lighting was used for the pool? I know there are kits that you can intall, in which the light fixture contains colored LED's that are controlled by remote control. Is that what you used?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.