Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of pics of our Arizona pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool A couple of pics of our Arizona pool

The pool was finished last April and we now have the landscaping installed. I completed the landscape lighting with Volt lighting products. One of these days I'll post a list of all of the materials I used for that project. We also have some artificial turf, which you can't see in these pics, and maybe one of these days I'll get around to posting some day time pics of everything. Thanks for looking! (pool build details in the signature)

Today's weather
    --22k gallon pool/spa, IG, pebble w/ glass beads/abalone, all tile spa w/ stacked stone and spillway, 30 sf waterfall, 3 telescopic fountains, EZ Touch 8
    --Pentair VS3050, Whisperflo waterfall pump, Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter, Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Ozone, Q360 in-floor cleaning, 400k btu heater
    --100 perim ft pool, 25 perim ft spa, Depth 3.5' to 7', 405 sq ft travertine decking, TF100 test kit
    --Time Lapse Video of our Pool Build ---- Our Pool Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A couple of pics of our Arizona pool

Wow, nice work! Those pictures and pool look amazing-straight from Architectural Digest.
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Looks great! I hope and pray mine looks that good when complete.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow ! That looks awesome ! I'm sure it's going to see plenty of use. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

looks great! How old are the queen palms? I really want a few around my pool but I hear they are really hard to keep looking healthy here in AZ.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

6. Back To Top    #6

Great pool and landscaping. We also are planning on a fire pit. How do you like yours? Any advice for choosing one?
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Pragmatic, I love your outdoor kitchen area and I wish we had room for something like that.
    Mrcarcrazy, your pool is looking good and I'm sure it'll all turn out great!

Shane1, the queens have only been in our yard for about 8 months, but we have 15 gallon and 24" box trees so they've been growing n a nursery for a while. We read/heard a lot about the problems also so we'll see how it goes.

Jro, we love the fire pit so far. It's moveable and was less than $100 on Amazon, by looks like the price has gone u a bit. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We previously had a built-in pit but we didn't use it as much as we thought we would. With this metal pit we can move it around or even store it in the garage.
    --22k gallon pool/spa, IG, pebble w/ glass beads/abalone, all tile spa w/ stacked stone and spillway, 30 sf waterfall, 3 telescopic fountains, EZ Touch 8
    --Pentair VS3050, Whisperflo waterfall pump, Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter, Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Ozone, Q360 in-floor cleaning, 400k btu heater
    --100 perim ft pool, 25 perim ft spa, Depth 3.5' to 7', 405 sq ft travertine decking, TF100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JimboAZ View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Pragmatic, I love your outdoor kitchen area and I wish we had room for something like that.
    Mrcarcrazy, your pool is looking good and I'm sure it'll all turn out great!

Shane1, the queens have only been in our yard for about 8 months, but we have 15 gallon and 24" box trees so they've been growing n a nursery for a while. We read/heard a lot about the problems also so we'll see how it goes.

Jro, we love the fire pit so far. It's moveable and was less than $100 on Amazon, by looks like the price has gone u a bit. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We previously had a built-in pit but we didn't use it as much as we thought we would. With this metal pit we can move it around or even store it in the garage.
    what builder was this? California is telling us that they won't sell or install the telescoping "pop up" fountains because they constantly malfunction and the warranty work is too much; requires carving out the pebble to fix or replace.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    what builder was this? California is telling us that they won't sell or install the telescoping "pop up" fountains because they constantly malfunction and the warranty work is too much; requires carving out the pebble to fix or replace.
    We used Presidential Pools. So far no major problems with the fountains. One time one of them popped out but Presidential just came out popped a new one in. I suppose anything embedded into the pebble would be susceptible to the same issues (bubblers, in-floor cleaner heads, etc.).

On this note, a couple of times I've accidentally run the fountains with the pump on high speed and those things shot up about 20 feet!

10. Back To Top    #10

I am wishing we had went with presidential

11. Back To Top    #11

This really is a nice setup. I love the lighting and the rock features. it'd be pretty cool to add fire features coming out of the rocks on the side haha I like fire
    16'X32'X8' Vinyl Pond with Diving Board (Neck Breaker), 1.5 hp FOXX WhisperFlo(Not so quite anymore), Massive Lawn Egg (aka: Sand Filter), Coolcrete Pool deck (Burns feet to a crisp), Large wooden Multi level deck (Splinter City) with fire pit in center (Insurance company's nightmare.)

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice work!
    Thanks,
    Jon

======================

21,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter, IG, 16x32 kidney, Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1hp, Flow rate: ?

13. Back To Top    #13

BuckeyeChris, sorry to hear about your builder issues, but the pool looks awesome! I'm sure they'll get everything taken care of and soon you won't have to worry about it. I had heard they were a good builder but pool builders seems like cell phone providers. Some people love each one of them and a lot of people don't like each one of them (including Presidential).

edge, your pool is looking great also and I love your large lot. I would've love some fire, but too much $$$ for the gas lines and it's pretty cramped back there as it is. fire.jpg

Thanks Jon!

-James

14. Back To Top    #14

haha I hear ya. I didn't even consider the added cost of gas. I just thought.."FIRE", need some FIRE!
    16'X32'X8' Vinyl Pond with Diving Board (Neck Breaker), 1.5 hp FOXX WhisperFlo(Not so quite anymore), Massive Lawn Egg (aka: Sand Filter), Coolcrete Pool deck (Burns feet to a crisp), Large wooden Multi level deck (Splinter City) with fire pit in center (Insurance company's nightmare.)

15. Back To Top    #15

Very nice and the lighting looks terrific! Curious as to why the Queen palms have problems in your area? Our Pygmy date palms got some wind/cold burn this past winter but the two Pindo palms and the Sylvester Date Palm did okay.

16. Back To Top    #16

Looks great! I have to ask you about your lighting, is it low voltage lighting or solar? I ended up doing a high end solar because I was worried about having the low voltage so close to the waters edge.
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

17. Back To Top    #17

poderiopool, I think it's something with the soil. We're originally from OC/LA county area and seems like the Queens have no issues there at all.

NoFear, it's all low voltage lighting. You're right, some of the lights are relatively close to the water's edge. Most of the lights are behind the pool in that small raised area. That's all landscape rock and nobody walks back there so I feel OK with it. I thought about solar but didn't find much that could compare to the low voltage lights (but maybe I didn't really look all that well). What brand are you using?

18. Back To Top    #18

I ended up going with 12x Portfolio Solar lights. They are perfect for lighting up one per tree. They do have 24x ones that are pretty nice...but so is the price. I really wanted light around the pool, but I was worried about the electrical around the pool.
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

19. Back To Top    #19

Very nice, we are going with Presidential as they are about to dig and the landscaping with another provider.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

20. Back To Top    #20

Jimbo
    I just came across this thread, and I state that your pool looks amazing. What colored lighting was used for the pool? I know there are kits that you can intall, in which the light fixture contains colored LED's that are controlled by remote control. Is that what you used?
    16,900 gallon inground pool (16x30 with spa bench)
    Sta-rite cartridge filter
    Diamondbrite surface, redone in 2017.
    1.5hp Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Navigator Pro suction cleaner with V-flex kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast