Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: does Jandy valve hold pressure in a pressure test?

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

does Jandy valve hold pressure in a pressure test?

I am doing a pressure test to look for leaks in my system. The PB inserted a garden bib in the line between a pool pump and filter. All the returns and drains are plugged. Water is then injected into the whole system. Air is let out at the top of the filter pressure meter.

The system holds pressure ok except a tiny sweat leak in an elbow. With all the valves in closed position, I cut and replaced the elbow near a return. However the filter pressure dropped right away. It dropped from 20 PSI to about 14 PSI. The line is blocked by a 2-way Jandy valve though...
    Lazy-L shaped pool and a spa. 22.5k gallons. Pentair VS pump. Pentair cartridge filter CCP520. STA-Rite SR400NA heater (400K BTU). Hayward salt system. Leuder limestone coping. Pebble sheen (blue granite) Wooden deck.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: does Jandy valve hold pressure in a pressure test?

They should within reason. Be sure the pressure side is on the side with the handle and not the side that says "CLOSED". That way the pressure will help to seal the valve.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!