Stone coping on vinyl pool

Feb 26, 2014
upstate NY
I am installing a vinyl liner pool with steel walls in upstate NY [think polar vortex]
I need some construction details for installing stone coping and concrete decking.
Do I pour the deck first or install coping stones first?
If I pour the deck first how do I form the concrete?
If I install the coping first,how do I form the pour?
Do I need some "bond beam" poured and isolated from the deck?
I am experienced in concrete and stone but need details/diagrams regarding the interface between stone coping and concrete deck
Thanks in advance Bill

Welcome to the forum Bill! :salut:

Very sorry that no one has answerd you before now.

I hired a Pool Builder so I could get a pool, so I'm not much help on this I'm afraid. However, there are folks here who have done it, and perhaps a bump to your thread will get
it seen by someone who can advise. Enjoy the forum.

I'm at this stage in the spring, but I hired someone to do it. My neighbor did the same and his was done last year. The coping stones went in first, but a concrete footing was first poured all around the outside for the coping stones to lay on. Then, the rest of the patio went in...

That is the same as what I have seen, back fill up to a couple of inches below the wall, a concrete ring around the outside up to the same height as the wall, install the liner track, coping on top of the concrete/wall, deck around outside of that with an expansion joint between the deck and the coping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.