Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stone coping on vinyl pool

1. Back To Top    #1

upstate NY

Stone coping on vinyl pool

I am installing a vinyl liner pool with steel walls in upstate NY [think polar vortex]
    I need some construction details for installing stone coping and concrete decking.
    Do I pour the deck first or install coping stones first?
    If I pour the deck first how do I form the concrete?
    If I install the coping first,how do I form the pour?
    Do I need some "bond beam" poured and isolated from the deck?
    I am experienced in concrete and stone but need details/diagrams regarding the interface between stone coping and concrete deck
    Thanks in advance Bill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stone coping on vinyl pool

Welcome to the forum Bill!

Very sorry that no one has answerd you before now.

I hired a Pool Builder so I could get a pool, so I'm not much help on this I'm afraid. However, there are folks here who have done it, and perhaps a bump to your thread will get
    it seen by someone who can advise. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Southern NH

I'm at this stage in the spring, but I hired someone to do it. My neighbor did the same and his was done last year. The coping stones went in first, but a concrete footing was first poured all around the outside for the coping stones to lay on. Then, the rest of the patio went in...
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

That is the same as what I have seen, back fill up to a couple of inches below the wall, a concrete ring around the outside up to the same height as the wall, install the liner track, coping on top of the concrete/wall, deck around outside of that with an expansion joint between the deck and the coping.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School