Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonedeaf's Pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Tonedeaf's Pool build

Just wanted to post our new design after having read so many threads about others builds. We just signed a contract today and we are so excited.

Not a huge pool, about 14k gallons. 470 ft of pool with 88 perimeter. 485 ft of decking. Will have all Pentair equipment with the Intelliflo V3050 pump and 520 cartridge filter, Salt system, and a platinum cleaner. 7' wide waterfall, 3 benches and a ledge at entry. also includes 5 umbrella sleeves and a deck cannon. We also upgraded to a quartz plaster. We did a Smoky Sapphire Quartz. We still need to pick out our tiles.

Here is the final design.

Will post my pics of the build as it gets started. Nothing will happen except permits and financing for about 2 weeks.
    14100 gallon IG Gunite Pool
    Sapphire Smoke Quartz Plaster
    Pentair SunTouch Controller, Intelliflo 4x160 Pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor SWG System
    Legend Platinum Cleaner with booster pump
    My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My new Pool build

Nice!

Is the wood a deck area that extends into an offset area of your house or is it the roof of something? In the design it sort of seems to be an optical illusion and I can't tell!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

The wooden deck is existing. I built it about 5 years ago. I also have a patio cover on the existing concrete slab patio. That lines up directly with the deck. The deck goes back about 10 feet on the side of the house which also has my shed on it aswell. I will take some pics of the existing yard for a better view of it.

Thanks.
    Pentair SunTouch Controller, Intelliflo 4x160 Pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor SWG System
    My Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Congratualtions!!!! The design is very nice and the waterfall is going to look awesome. A bit of advice-- Be patient with permiting and when your out of patience borrow some. We thought it would be 2 weeks as well and it has turned out to be over two months. The permits were finally approved today. We are scheduled for the big dig on the 7th hopefully!
    In Construction:
    425 SF Free form (aprox 18 x 23) IG Gunite
    7ft spa with spill over
    1.5 HP Jandy Pump
    1400 Aquapure Jandy SWG
    AE2500 Jandy Heatpump

5. Back To Top    #5

The Mermaid Queen, here is a view of the deck and patio cover for reference.

My Pool Build

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like a good plan and can't wait to see it.

We all love pics but it's better if you resize them to a size that fits on most monitors. 1024 X 768 like your poolstudio design picture is perfect.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by cobra46
    Looks like a good plan and can't wait to see it.

We all love pics but it's better if you resize them to a size that fits on most monitors. 1024 X 768 like your poolstudio design picture is perfect.
    Thanks and fixed.
    My Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Tonedeaf
    The Mermaid Queen, here is a view of the deck and patio cover for reference.

The pool design looks great! Would you mind sharing what your deck is made of and what products you use on it? I have a pathway of ipe deck tiles and I used BioWash Deck Oil but it has not held up well in my climate.
    No Cover Charge
    17,000 gal IG w/ raised 8' spillover spa, 3M plaster, 10' stainless rain WF, Pentair SAM lights, Sta-Rite Sys3 cart. filter, Intellichlor SWG, 400kBTU Gas Heater, Paramount IF Cleaners, ET-8 Wireless Remote

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasmom

The pool design looks great! Would you mind sharing what your deck is made of and what products you use on it? I have a pathway of ipe deck tiles and I used BioWash Deck Oil but it has not held up well in my climate.
    Vegasmom, the deck is made of pressure treated lumber. We use Behr Premium Semi-Transparent Deck, Fence & Siding Weatherproofing Wood Stain on it. We need to apply it about every 3 years or so. Pressure wash it and reapply after the wood has dried and it is good for another couple years.

We miss Vegas. Lived there for 8 years before moving to Texas with work. Have a Capriotti's Italian sub with peppers and an In 'n Out Burger for us.
    My Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the info! Funny, we almost moved to El Paso before we came out here. My dad was offered a job there but turned it down. No Capriotti's?! Oh man The Italian subs are the best. Had In-n-out yesterday

Good luck with your pool build and post lots of pics!
    No Cover Charge
    17,000 gal IG w/ raised 8' spillover spa, 3M plaster, 10' stainless rain WF, Pentair SAM lights, Sta-Rite Sys3 cart. filter, Intellichlor SWG, 400kBTU Gas Heater, Paramount IF Cleaners, ET-8 Wireless Remote

11. Back To Top    #11

Good luck with your pool build!! We hope to sign our contract next week so we will be watching to see how yours turns out!!
    Kristy
    In construction!

16'6" X 33 Lagoon
    13,000 gallons
    rock coping
    tile border
    textured/colored decking
    Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec
    2 Deck Jets
    SWG (Goldline)
    Legend II Cleaner
    1.5 hp pump (Duraglass)
    Sand filter with zerobrite

12. Back To Top    #12

Are you leaving that wood deck there? I would tear that sucker out and go with the same decking you are using around the pool and put some 6x6's or columns in and create a pergola to make a nice shade spot to sit under in that corner and look out into the pool area. Maybe some planting in the back of it if you did not want to cover right back into the corner. I think it would flow better with your design without the wood deck. Some food for thought.
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater/Zodiac LM2-24S SWG
    Aquabot Turbo Robot Cleaner
    250K NG Heater

13. Back To Top    #13

Great design. Good luck with your build and keep us posted with the progress.
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

14. Back To Top    #14

Wanted to post some updated pics of our progress of our build. So much has been done in the short time since they started. Excavation was on July 25th.

Unfortunately the permits took longer than we had hoped. Permits took 4 weeks total to get done, which is too long in my eyes, and we had a 2 week vacation already booked. We did have the excavation completed the day we were leaving and that is all I have seen in person. The rest has been sent to me by a friend that was checking on progress and taking pics for us.

Here is some during excavation:

Next day the plumbing was started:

Then 2 days later plumbing completed and steel started:

Once steel was inspected,the next day Gunite was in. Amazing how fast they do this stage. My friend was at the house by 1030am and they were done and gone already.

A few days later we have Tile complete and the waterfall in progress aswell. Coping is today and tomorrow for completion. Electric was done today also.

My Pool Build

15. Back To Top    #15

Tile, Coping and the waterfall are completed.

Concrete decking was formed this morning. Will post pics later this evening.

Amazing how much of a mess the backyard is right now. Fencing will be able to be replaced very soon.
    Can't stand looking at the ugly leaning rotting fence we have currently.
    My Pool Build

16. Back To Top    #16

Re: Tonedeaf's Pool build

lookin' good!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

17. Back To Top    #17

Got a bunch of rain this evening, unfortunately I think the decking crew will need to come back out to put more cushioning sand, a lot washed away. We needed the rain badly, but not so good as our back yard is completely muddy now.
    My Pool Build

18. Back To Top    #18

Think on the bright side. The rain helps compact any dirt that has been backfilled or dug up. I had to hose mine down for hours.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by cobra46
    Think on the bright side. The rain helps compact any dirt that has been backfilled or dug up. I had to hose mine down for hours.
    Good point. Thanks.

Saw a couple of frogs in our pond this morning.
    My Pool Build

20. Back To Top    #20

Not much has happened since they formed the deck and did the rebar for it. Had it inspected, along with the plumbing I think, and it did not pass. Notes on the inspection said "Static Test needs to be at 25 psf on 0." To be re-inspected today. Should have the decking poured tomorrow and the final cleaning started the next day. Talked to the superintendant yesterday aswell and he said we should have plaster by Friday next week.

Getting part of the fence replaced on Tuesday or Wednesday next week, city require a pre-plaster inspection which would include re-inspection of the fence, probably standard course of action I would assume.
    My Pool Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast