Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: refill in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

refill in pool

Hi!

I just finish cleaning my 30k plastered pool. I wanted to know if there is a good procedure to add the chemicals? In the past, I just added the 8 pounds the home depot brand conditioner tied up in a sock inside my skimmer.
    Please advice, if there is any more chemicals need adding and it's procedure?

I welcome any input!
    22k plaster pool kidney shape. Pentair 4000 de series 48 ft. 2 SKIMMERS, 2 drains (pool and spa), 3 returns (2 pool and 1 spa) gas heater and pentair intelliflow , Underwater pentair light.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: refill in pool

Hold off on any chemical addition for just now.

Contact the installer immediately to see if they have parameters for you to follow.

This is to avoid losing any possible warranty they off on the plaster if you
    "do something wrong with the chemicals". You don't want to leave that door open for them later. Let us know, then we can help.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I understand! I forgot to mention that the pool replaster is six years old. I bought the house five years ago. Does the warranty extends to me?

Please advice,
    G.
    22k plaster pool kidney shape. Pentair 4000 de series 48 ft. 2 SKIMMERS, 2 drains (pool and spa), 3 returns (2 pool and 1 spa) gas heater and pentair intelliflow , Underwater pentair light.

4. Back To Top    #4

You would have to ask the builder if the warranty extends to you or not. At this point, I would assume not and just start by testing the pool's chemistry and seeing what needs adjusting. You will certainly need to get some CYA and chlorine in there right away.

Which pool are you talking about? Your Sig says a 16k vinyl and a 6k something. If you are talking about the 6k pool, 8 pounds of CYA is WAY too much.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!