Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG questions - install on sunny side of house

1. Back To Top    #1

Central California

SWG questions - install on sunny side of house

I'm a new pool owner just bought our house with a 4 yr old pool in August.

I've just started taking over my own maintenance so I haven't been through a summer yet but I'm thinking maybe sooner than later we might want to convert to salt.

The Circupool models seem to have a pretty good value and look interesting from a DIY install standpoint.

So my pool equipment is on the side of the house where it will get full afternoon summer sun. Temps here routinely get over 100 sometimes 110 in the summer. It may not be an ideal location to install the SWG and control pad. I'm not sure if a cover for the equipment might help shield it from sun and weather. I could just see installing there and having it overheat and burnout.

Anyone have any thoughts about their system and sun/heat issues?

18K gal, IG Concrete (colored), Hayward C3025 cart. filter, Hayward Tristar 2-speed 1.85 HP pump, pool is 4yrs old, Hayward Navigator XL vac

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: SWG questions - install on sunny side of house

It should be fine, even in the sun. However, it will last a bit longer if it is shaded and protected from rain.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

Re: SWG questions - install on sunny side of house

I moved my Compupool (Same manufacture as Circupool I think they have some software differences) around the corner to the north side of my house. It did run hot in the sun. It also is covered better and doesn't get as much exposure to the elements where I moved it.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida