Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re-plumbing for a suction-side cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

SF bay area

Re-plumbing for a suction-side cleaner

When the our pool was built last year I requested 1.5" dedicated line for a Polaris 360 (non-booster pressure-side) because I thought it was a good choice for large debris from the surrounding oaks, redwoods and pines. However, it turns out the pool stays incredibly clean. A couple pine needles per week is typical, and just a bit more after the occasional big wind. So I never got around to buying an automatic cleaner last year.

With the new season approaching, I'm considering re-plumbing the dedicated 1.5" line to the suction side for the following reasons:
    1) I wouldn't have to mess with a skimmer plate to manual vacuum.
    2) Suction cleaners appear offer better price and reliability for a 12k gal pool with little debris.

Is there any reason to stay with with the original plan for a Polaris 360? Besides of course the cost and effort to re-plumb, which isn't too bad.

Thanks in advance.
    12,000 gal in-ground, blue granite pebble, Hayward Ecostar pump, 525 sqft cartridge filter, 250 sqft solar panels, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Re-plumbing for a suction-side cleaner

Sure doesn't sound like you need one.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!