We have a brand new pool this week, and are unsure of where to start and hubby and I have never owned a pool before.
(brand new to this site) Our pool was built by Shasta, inground, 16800 gallons, quartz select interior, pop up cleaning system, cartridge filter with ozone also.
They were just out yesterday and did our "pool school" with us, and showed us how to work the equipment. We are so lost when it is coming down to chemistry though!! We really want to get the hang of this and do ourselves.
We took a sample of our water to Leslies yesterday, here are the results:
Free Available Chlorine-0
Total Available Chlorine-0
So, the guy at Leslies was telling us that we needed to get some chemicals in the pool, because the weather has been warmer lately and we were going to have trouble if we didn't. He told us to start by adding two bags of SHOCK and then put a chlorine tablet in the dek-clor tube we have. We did this yesterday. He also told us that our phosphates were too high at 300, and got hubby to buy two bottles of Phos-free ($99)....which we did and added this also to the water yesterday.
The problem is that I have spent all day on this site, and am seeing that we didn't really need to do anything about the phosphates....and that we should not use chlorine tablets.......and that our CYA is already too high even before we added any chemicals!!! What should we do? We really want to get this figured out ourselves...
Thanks so much for any help you can give!