Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Identify this Hayward Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Identify this Hayward Filter

I'm looking to get this. I have a 24' round pool (roughly 14,000 gallons). The filter I have (I was told) is too small. I'm supposed to have a 2.6sq ft filtration rate. The filter I have is only a 1.2 sq ft.

13,500 gallon above ground round pool. Vinyl Liner. Hayward S244T 3.1 cu ft sand filter. Hayward Powerflo 1HP pump (single speed induction). HTH 6-way test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Identify this Hayward Filter

It's an older Hayward, but you can likely still get parts. It should be more than plenty of filter and might be a good buy at the right price. If too high, I would get a new one if you have that option. I agree that 1.2 is too little for your pool. I'd want more.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW MO

Re: Identify this Hayward Filter

I have a larger version of that one, it came with my pool, seems to work fine. If you get it be sure to empty the sand out before moving it, do so carefully to avoid damaging the laterals.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320