Had my pool replastered with white plaster, but have been plagued with issues after done - keep in mind I didn't go for the cheapest, just the plainest application and the pool is over 30 years old, and the plaster was chipped down to the gunite, due to three old layers of plaster.
1) Installed when raining, surface mottled - not PB fault, so they said
2) main drain leak, immediately after (loss about 3" a day) - not PB fault, so they said
had another PB install new skimmer after they found the main drain hose disconnected3) inlet valves leaked, immediately after (loss about 1" a day) - not PB fault, so they said
had another PB (the one that installed skimmer) come to inspect and did leak test and found nothing, until replacing a couple of inlet valves, which uncovered the valves were not connected to the pipes. On all four valves
PB's plasterer came over immediately and inspected, confirmed their fault, plaster mixed a puddy, glue, plaster mix and filled the gaps.
PROBLEM THAT BRINGS ME TO THE FORUM:
4) Plaster is cracking and peeling - not PB fault, so they said
PB sent the plasterer to inspect - plasterer gave me excuses about drought, pool is old, cracking on the bottom, chemical imbalance, etc.... would have to talk to PB about the situtation.
this is covered under two year warranty
- Why does the PB send the plasterer to do this - I payed PB to contract out?
- Why do they both make excuses instead of just fixing it (they brought the pool down to the gunite, if problems they would have seen then) it takes weeks to commit to anything?
- What makes plaster do this?
Thanks for reading, input and feedback welcomed.